My Morning Jacket

Had no idea it existed until this show, but will definitely keep an eye out for more.
They have two stages now I think. They have loads of big classic rock acts come through the smaller stage for like $25. The larger stage is now a little more in line with your usual concert pricing. But it's still a deal compared to most places.

They have two stages now I think. They have loads of big classic rock acts come through the smaller stage for like $25. The larger stage is now a little more in line with your usual concert pricing. But it's still a deal compared to most places.
Yeah, a guy in the beer line was telling me there's another one on the other side of the hill/lawn. This was the perfect size for an outdoor venue, I thought. Regardless of where you were, the sound and sight was great. Much better than way back on the lawns at the amphitheatre here.

This cross-post informs that you can pick up a copy of the Waterfall II for a Jackson, shipping included......if you don't already own it.

25%off and free shipping at Dualtone today.

The iTunes EP has been a staple of my Christmastime since 2011, so I'll be happy to add a physical version of it—plus two new recordings—to the collection.

Same. I usually buy one new Xmas album each year, and this will probably be the one this year. PLUS, it will be nice to have a colored version of an Xmas album that is not green and red...this looks pretty.

The only live MMJ album I own is the more recent repackage of Okonokos and I was stunned by how good it sounds, I really don't have space to buy them all but man I want all their live stuff.
I have all of the live vinyl…. And most of the official FLAC releases… and some non official stuff…. I could listen to them live non-stop….

Any of y'all have the Bonnaroo MMJ vinyl care to comment on how it sounds? Cheap cheap on Canada Amazon right now so considering it...

My Morning Jacket - Live at Bonnaroo 🔥🔥🔥

This is in contention for the best album art of the year.
View attachment 174695

I had to spin this MMJ again this morning because it's that good. My only complaint is that I'm having a hard time believing that this was from a live set at Bonnaroo. At times it barely sounds live and you can't hardly hear anyone in the audience, except at the end of songs when there seems to be a polite clap. Not through the whole thing, but at several points it almost sounds like it was added in post, to something played live but not in front of a real audience. Kind of like that Oingo Boingo record. Either way it's an incredible sounding record full of some of their best material. I think for those who typically don't like live albums they'll love this. For me I like a bit more rawness in my live sets, but this is a top tier set so I'm not upset.
View attachment 174763

Not that it particularly matters but who sold the mud and rain edition? I swear I saw it around before but can't remember if it was unique to some retailer or something...

The only live MMJ album I own is the more recent repackage of Okonokos and I was stunned by how good it sounds, I really don't have space to buy them all but man I want all their live stuff.

I saw them live in '05 at my favourite 1,000-capacity venue in Vancouver. I went because Saul Williams was opening, tickets were cheap ($20) and the ferry from Victoria was much cheaper (under $25 roundtrip, including buses). I was willing to pay $45 to see Saul Williams alone and figured if I enjoyed MMJ it would be a bonus. I was so fucking floored by MMJ that I didn't leave in time to catch the last bus back to my folks' place and had to spend the night at a 24-hour coffee shop. Absolutely worth it.

Back