My Morning Jacket

Fuck yeah. Drops this Friday digitally, with a listening party Thursday night. It's just the vinyl that we'll have to wait till end of August.

A number of pre-order variants in the other thread. I think I'll wait for the listening party before I pull the trigger. If this was leftover material from the session I'm not sure I need to spend $30+ on glorified B-sides right now.
If it's the same "Welcome Home" as on their iTunes session from 2011 it's a better tune than anything on The Waterfall. I'm not leaping for the pre-order yet either, but I'm not sure this is just glorified B-sides at the moment.

A number of pre-order variants in the other thread. I think I'll wait for the listening party before I pull the trigger. If this was leftover material from the session I'm not sure I need to spend $30+ on glorified B-sides right now.
If it's the same "Welcome Home" as on their iTunes session from 2011 it's a better tune than anything on The Waterfall. I'm not leaping for the pre-order yet either, but I'm not sure this is just glorified B-sides at the moment.
Reading some of the articles coming out - very interesting to see they were flirting with the idea of a triple LP for The Waterfall. I'd be curious what the tracklist for that might have been...

I jumped in with both feet for the Spotify Yellow Variant.
Yellow said 1000 only for this run whereas the Orange and Green said 1000 for the MMJ Store.
I think the Yellow may be the more limited variant and I'm worried the orange & green mock up is better than the IRL product.

Last edited:
I jumped in with both feet for the Spotify Yellow Variant.
Yellow said 1000 only for this run whereas the Orange and Green said 1000 for the MMJ Store.
I think the Yellow may be the more limited variant and I'm worried the orange & green mock up is better than the IRL product.
I initially jumped on the splash variant as soon as I got the email, but even as I was checking out I thought “you know, I should probably check the N&G Pre-Order Thread first...”. Didn’t take my own advice and then came here to find out about the yellow Spotify variant. I wouldn’t have worried if it were just the lower run number, but the signed Clinch print was too much to pass up. I emailed ATO to see about cancelling my initial order so we’ll see (if not I’m sure I’ll find a good home for it).

I initially jumped on the splash variant as soon as I got the email, but even as I was checking out I thought “you know, I should probably check the N&G Pre-Order Thread first...”. Didn’t take my own advice and then came here to find out about the yellow Spotify variant. I wouldn’t have worried if it were just the lower run number, but the signed Clinch print was too much to pass up. I emailed ATO to see about cancelling my initial order so we’ll see (if not I’m sure I’ll find a good home for it).
You never know - the ATO may sound better than the Spotify.
But you are right - you probably wont have a problem finding a good home for it.

That's a pretty nice variant, probably my favourite of the ones I've seen, but fuck VMP. Anyone know anything about the plant, IRP? Assuming they're all being pressed there.

Also, laughing at "Like its V1 predecessor..."

Anyone have At Dawn on vinyl? If so, how is it? Just had the realization that I don't want it to get remixed and reissued like It Still Moves and then the original mix go out of print and I miss my chance. Hopefully if they do an anniversary press they either keep both in print or don't remix it.

Anyone have At Dawn on vinyl? If so, how is it? Just had the realization that I don't want it to get remixed and reissued like It Still Moves and then the original mix go out of print and I miss my chance. Hopefully if they do an anniversary press they either keep both in print or don't remix it.
I do - it's a fine pressing, I think... Can't recall being unhappy with it at least.

I hope you're right about the remix. Last year's Tennessee Fire anniversary wasn't remixed though. I think the issue was that Jim was rushed by the label to finish It Still Moves, so he was never happy with the mix, and that's why he revisited it. So probably not likely that any of the others would get that treatment... but you never know!

I have this version of At Dawn (on the red/yellow vinyl). It was such a weird, fly by night reissue from what I remember ( I think I had to purchase directly from Darla by PayPal). But, it sounds wonderful. Can't speak to any other version out there, but this one really nails that "reverb in a grain silo" vibe to the max. Happy hunting!

Back