Music Videos, YouTube performances, etc.

I feel stoned just watching this. It is amazing. Those pants, the heels, the voice, the vibe, the soul. My top artist for the question: What performer dead or alive would you choose to see live?

Her movements are totally natural. That's one of the things I always take away when watching her best performances. Not pre-planned or choreographed. I always love watching Mama Cass' mind get blown in real time. I didn't really know until I watched the American Masters doc on Janis that the LA bands were chilly towards the San Francisco bands. But then they saw Janis perform, and realized she was the real deal.

Her movements are totally natural. That's one of the things I always take away when watching her best performances. Not pre-planned or choreographed. I always love watching Mama Cass' mind get blown in real time. I didn't really know until I watched the American Masters doc on Janis that the LA bands were chilly towards the San Francisco bands. But then they saw Janis perform, and realized she was the real deal.

I love the Mama Cass footage. She is pretty much replicating how I feel. Completely in awe.

This guy who's friends with my cousin turned me on to this on a camping trip last night - how was I not aware of it?
I love Adrian Sherwood's work with other artists.

This solo acoustic version of 'Back To Earth' is one of the highlights of the most recent KUTX compilations available to members. They don't always have accompanying videos, so I was glad to see this one did have a video of the performance. I just think Jackie Venson is extremely talented, and has a cool songwriting style.

Last edited:
Back