Music News / Reviews

So, I’m listening to P.M. Dawn’s Jesus Wept for the very first time. SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?

a while later... OH MY GOD, it already sounded like bad Prince before you started singing 1999 and why is this track named anything other than 1999?

Last edited:
So, I’m listening to P.M. Dawn’s Jesus Wept for the very first time. SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?

a while later... OH MY GOD, it already sounded like bad Prince before you started singing 1999 and why is this track named anything other than 1999?
IS THIS JUST A MEDLEY OF THINGS THEY DIDN'T WANT TO PAY TO SAMPLE???? WHAT THE HELL??? NILSSON? WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON???

IS THIS JUST A MEDLEY OF THINGS THEY DIDN'T WANT TO PAY TO SAMPLE???? WHAT THE HELL??? NILSSON? WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON???
This album came out in '95, 4 years after the landmark sampling lawsuits hit De La and Biz Markie. Rap got turned upside down after those cases and The Turtles pocketed a load of cash.

This album came out in '95, 4 years after the landmark sampling lawsuits hit De La and Biz Markie. Rap got turned upside down after those cases and The Turtles pocketed a load of cash.
I get that, but wouldn't they still have to pony up royalties for the songwriting on these songs or was this an attempt to circumvent the whole process?

I get that, but wouldn't they still have to pony up royalties for the songwriting on these songs or was this an attempt to circumvent the whole process?
I view that last track as a medley of cover songs. I know they credited the Talking Heads songwriters in the credits, unsure if they included Prince as well. Prince Be was inspired by Prince as I recall, he sampled some of the lines from ...Cherry Moon movie on one album of theirs.

PM Dawn is one of my all-time favorite artists.. They did quite a few covers over the years. I prefer the first two albums to anything after, but I do love that medley with Coconut/1999/Once In A Lifetime

Forgive my ignorance (I have had look but didn’t see anywhere obvious) but where on the forum would I ask if anyone knew about a potential repress of an album?
It’s The Beautiful South’s Carry On Up The Charts compilation. There’s only three on discog and they are £250+. It was originally released in ‘94 so I was hoping it’d get a 30th anniversary reissue. It was on a label called Go! Discs, I’ve sent a message to UMG on instagram but I’m not holding my breath. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

The is exciting.

mark august 5, 2026 on your calendars for the next chord change
you can even buy a ticket for the final day of the performance on september , 4th 2640 fpor 2640 euro, which comes in the form of a plate of corrosion-free metasl, that you can inherit to whoemever you like.

mark august 5, 2026 on your calendars for the next chord change
I love John Cage :)

As for playing the piece, the first part was easy – the composition begins with a short pause, which when adjusted for the new marathon duration, meant 17 months of silence.

:D:D:D

Back