Music News / Reviews

Man the whole concept of a rock n roll “hall of fame” is the least rock n roll thing imaginable!
They should rename it to emphasize that it is to recognize impactful artists. Call it the RnR Commemoration. Hall of fame related to sports is based on statistics. There’s no way to statistically measure impact with music other than sales. The Sex Pistols are in. They had one album FFS.

They should rename it to emphasize that it is to recognize impactful artists. Call it the RnR Commemoration. Hall of fame related to sports is based on statistics. There’s no way to statistically measure impact with music other than sales. The Sex Pistols are in. They had one album FFS.

Yeah I mean call it what you will, induct into it based on whatever, it’s so not rock n roll as a concept that it’s embarrassing.

They do it right up in Seattle, Paul Allen set up an amazing museum for pop music, MOPOP (formerly The Experience Music Project). It has lots of cool music memorabilia and none of thev Hall of Dame pretense.

This is the most Liam Gallagher thing I’ve ever seen. Classic quote: “I don’t need some wank award by some geriatric in a cowboy hat,” he further explained.

@Joe Mac thought of you when I read this. 😂

Hahaha! Fantastic!

You’re right and “I don’t need some wank award by some geriatric in a cowboy hat” is absolutely my favourite line of the year so far!

I don’t know where else this might go, but I found an old video of the first day of mtv on YouTube. What the fuck was this?
IMG_6633.png

Like it sounds like it was something you were supposed to put on your receiver?

Back