Music News / Reviews

While I will never not think Morrissey is an insufferable twat, and his post becomes a bit of a blovited ramble at the end, I find myself agreeing with far more of what he has to say here than I'm fully comfortable with...

While I will never not think Morrissey is an insufferable twat, and his post becomes a bit of a blovited ramble at the end, I find myself agreeing with far more of what he has to say here than I'm fully comfortable with...

He’s bang on with this ...when was the last time prior to her death you heard anything positive reported on Sinead? Nauseating platitudes in death . RIP

I'm listening to an album entitled "I Left You Alone in Minnesota" by a guy named Pardyalone. Spotify says he is a rapper. It kind of sounds like Relient K and Owl City made an album with Migos or something. It's weird. I don't think I'll make it to the end.

Fresh:
View attachment 179687
Les Imprimés - Rêverie

This is smooth and pretty damn good. Like the Penrose stuff with a more modern sheen.

If I definitely gives a nod to Prince’s If I was Your Girlfriend.

RIYL - Thee Sacred Souls, Durand Jones & The Indications, Bobby Oroza
Pressing is fine. My copy has a slight edge warp. Have marked it for clamp use moving forward, but was not egregious enough to warrant taking off the platter to fix for first play through. Music sounds great. Noisey floor. Not dissimilar to other Big Crown releases if you are a fan.

The following post is about Pale Jay - Bewilderment
Now that I have given it a listen at the right speed…. I like it. It didn’t blow me out of the water. It is probably (with Okonski) one of the more musically accomplished and interesting titles to come out of the Colemine camp. Heavy Aaron Frazier slow jam vibes through out. Production wise, it is very lush like anything Finnigan touches or those Kendra Morris records. Have a feeling it’s a grower.
As usual Gotta Groove and Colemine knock it out of the park, always happy with this combo. It is a 45 RPM though.

I thought the last one was crazy priced but I guess I should have grabbed it. No idea why they thought one lp was a good idea. It’s not an awful master and if it weren’t so compressed I’m not sure the noisey floor would bother me.

I hadn't even realized it was a single LP (mine arrives on Monday.) Super disappointing.

Sorry, stereogum, this DJ Sabrina album is okay, but gets real boring at almost FOUR hours... give me a different tempo or voice effect or something. Mid Tempo 90's house slog.

Back