Music News / Reviews

things are not great at BC of late tbh, long shipping delays after ordering, no email responses after contact etc. Tells me something is going on behind the scenes.
Yeah, I've had some issues too.
I was trying to get an order cancelled and was sorely ignored until I opened a claim with PayPal.

What in the flying hell:
Singer Alison Krauss lends her vocals to the tracks ā€œThis Guitarā€ and ā€œLifeless,ā€ while David Bowie pianist Mike Garson plays on ā€œGoodbye for Good This Timeā€ and ā€œAngels (Canā€™t Help You Now).ā€

Listening to lead single now, really confused how this was inspired by Bowie, T. Rex and Mott the Hoople.

Is there a Chili peppers thread? I'm not a fan post-california but there's a great podcast with frusciante:

Sad day! The Exclusive Company in Wisconsin says itā€™s closing all locations: The Exclusive Company announces plans to close all locations after 66 years of business

Hopefully a lot of them stay open! I got my music collecting start at the Green Bay location when I was a little kid buying CDs with my dad. I bought my first vinyl records there in 2010 (Kind of Blue, The Harder They Come, and Legend). Tom provided a lot of great recommendations over the years. Spent nearly every weekend at the Milwaukee location when I was living with my sister for a summer before my last year in college. I havenā€™t been to any of the locations in ages though since I moved out to CO, but good memories for sure! Hopefully a lot of the locations carry on under new ownership and names.

R.I.P. Re Styles

Former costume designer turned vocalist for The Tubes; Re Styles, has passed away at 72. Multiple outlets confirmed the star died last Sunday, April 17th, 2022. On March 30th, 1950, Re Styles was born in The Netherlands as Shirley Macleod. Before meeting the band, which included singer Fee Waybill and future husband and drummer Prairie Prince, Re Styles modeled for Playboy and Penthouse. She also appeared in The Holy Mountain by Alejandro Jodorowsky, and Sun Raā€™s sci-fi film Space Is the Place. Until one day, at an art school show, everything changed for Re. After meeting The Tubes, she immediately was immersed into the San Francisco-based rock band.

Back