• The Wolf of Wall Street
  • Titanic
  • Training Day
  • Two Weeks Notice
  • Wyatt Earp
  • Zodiac
  • Zombieland
  • Zoolander
There are a few here I'm going to watch for sure.

I might be in the minority, but Dune never really appealed to me.

It struggled to keep my attention. I'll probably watch it when it hits MAX, but I'm not going to go out of my way to see it in theaters.

In all seriousness, the first Dune wasn't really my thing, but I will probably give the sequel a chance at some point. Unfortunately no IMAX theaters near me though, so I may also just wait for it to hit streaming.

In other news, I'm trying to finally update my Letterboxd (haven't logged anything since January 9 😬) and in doing so I'm realizing that I really need to get out of the movie-watching rut I've been in. I've been so busy and swamped with work and school that whenever I sit down to watch something I'm already so tired and exhausted that I just want to throw on something light and easy that I don't have to think about very hard, so I've pretty much been watching nothing but superhero movies and comedies for the past two months. I think I'm going to take my break over the next two weeks as an excuse to refine my palette and rewatch some old favorites and catch up on some of the newer acclaimed stuff I might have missed. Open to suggestions!

I might be in the minority, but Dune never really appealed to me.

It struggled to keep my attention. I'll probably watch it when it hits MAX, but I'm not going to go out of my way to see it in theaters.
I would argue that the movie is more worth seeing in theaters than anywhere else. It's an overwhelming audiovisual experience.

ok, jokes aside, i havent seen dune part 1 yet, so i guess i gotta do that sometime this week, and then catch part 2 whenever i can.

cinemark’s doing the oscar movie week event next week where you can buy a movie pass for $40 and see all the oscar nominees on select days/times, so if you watch like 8 showings, it comes out to 5 per showtime, which sounds like a pretty good deal to me so i’ll do that.
i’ll rewatch all the oscar nominees and see Zone of interest, Anatomy of a fall, and american fiction for the first time since i missed those three the first time around

Dune 1 was very much a spectacle in IMAX and honestly I felt overwhelmed because there was so much eye candy, and the screen was so big, that I sometimes forgot to pay attention. So I’ll need a rewatch before diving into 2une.

One thing I loved was the sense of scale, and the kind of maximalist minimalism- hugeness that still had space, and that space adding to the smallness of the characters facing the worms/the desert/the enemy ships etc...

My son and I have tickets for Sunday morning, tomorrow we're rewatching Part 1 to get ready.

Back