Movies

I will continue to hope that they will release an extended cut of this one day, especially since they left 45 min. on the cutting room floor.

View attachment 193887

this one and the half blood prince are my least favorite movies, sooooo monotone and dull to me. but i guess that’s moreso the result of these books being the weakest in the entire series.

Got home drunk last night and watched Hanna for the first time in a couple of years. So underrated.

Got me thinking, what are my 10 favorite action films? Used Letterbox to jot a list down. Of note, I decided not to include films like True Romance & Drive that are gritty with bursts of action but are primarily not action films..

Kill Bill V1
The Fifth Element
Oldboy
Logan
Hanna
Leon
Terminator 2
You Were Never Really Here
The Bourne Identity
The Matrix

Last edited:
Got home drunk last night and watched Hanna for the first time in a couple of years. So underrated.

Got me thinking, what are my 10 favorite action films? Used Letterbox to jot a list down. Of note, I decided not to include films like True Romance & Drive that are gritty with bursts of action but are primarily not action films..

Kill Bill V1
The Fifth Element
Oldboy
Logan
Hanna
Leon
Terminator 2
The Bourne Identity
The Matrix
Hanna is great. Love the soundtrack.

Might be my favorite score of all time tbh. But also the cinematorgraphy, the key performences (a very young Saoirse and the always steller Blanchett), the production design, the chase sequences... It's just a complete vibe.
Was it not turned into a tv series as well? Never watched it.

Now that I've seen them all, my BP ranking (best lineup in a while, they're all good):

1. Poor Things
2. Oppenheimer
3. Past Lives
4. Killers of the Flower Moon
5. The Zone of Interest
6. Anatomy of a Fall
7. Barbie
8. Maestro
9. The Holdovers
10. American Fiction
I haven’t seen these all yet but it’s for me the films that are the most highly regarded (not just by you but by critics by and large) are movies I will likely only watch once and then never again. Barbie, The Holdovers, and American Fiction on the other hand likely have no chance of winning best picture but are movies I will definitely rewatch multiple times. I guess it’s better than them not getting nominated at all.

Kill Bill V1
The Fifth Element
Oldboy
Logan
Hanna
Leon
Terminator 2
The Bourne Identity
The Matrix
I just include Kill Bill, vol. 1 and vol. 2 as a single movie since I rarely just one one without watching the other.

Great listI would Include Mad Max: Fury Road, John Wick, Atomic Blonde, and Aliens.

I just include Kill Bill, vol. 1 and vol. 2 as a single movie since I rarely just one one without watching the other.

Great listI would Include Mad Max: Fury Road, John Wick, Atomic Blonde, and Aliens.

Yeah I think most people would include Aliens. I think I just prefer the 1st one by such a wide margin that it skews things for me. And Fury Road and Atomic Blonde (also underrated) are excellent.

I'm like the only person on the planet that wasn't crazy about Wick. The Russian villians and overall plot were so generic that I struggled to care that the action was so well done. Haven't even bothered with the sequels but have been considering it lately. Maybe I'll do the 2nd one after the game.

Was it not turned into a tv series as well? Never watched it.

It was but I never got to it before it was canceled.

Yeah I think most people would include Aliens. I think I just prefer the 1st one by such a wide margin
I completely agree with this but I can appreciate Aliens for what it is as well.
I'm like the only person on the planet that wasn't crazy about Wick. The Russian villians and overall plot were so generic that I struggled to care that the action was so well done.
Yeah, I don’t really care about the plot at all. It’s shot beautifully and the action unrelenting and feels real.

Back