Movies

I'm honestly surprised the success of Into the Spider-Verse didn't start any trends. That movie convinced me that animated superhero movies have so much more potential, and yet no one has jumped on it yet. I get COVID has probably brought a lot of stuff to a halt, but I just think there's a lot of untapped potential. An animated Batman movie would be cool to me, because there's a chance there that maybe it wouldn't just be another "look how dark and brooding this character is" movie.

This post reminds me, I still need to see the LEGO Batman movie.
I think I saw that DC has 4 animated movies in the works for 2021. One (or maybe it counts as two as it will be a two parter) is Batman: The Long Halloween, which has the potential to be good, but will almost certainly be dark, like most Batman arcs. I'm a little confused if they are suppos d to be huge budget big blockbuster movies like Spiderverse or not though. The reporting I've seen doesn't really make that clear.

Edit: just kidding, looks like it is direct to video.

The sequel to Spiderverse is probably the only upcoming superhero movie I'm looking forward to as opposed to skeptically hoping any of the other ones are worth seeing, so I'm with you on wondering if that will catch on, since it has untapped potential.

Last edited:
Eeeeeeeeeeeeemo Batman. There’s more than a little of the Spider-Man 3 about that trailer, plus it looks portentous and self regarding. Brooding batman was nailed by Nolan, it’s so dull to see it redone, bring back Adam West 😂
Idk, the dark noir route is something never done before in the movies. Could be good, could be bad. I'm excited for the cast mainly, Paul Dano's iteration of the Riddler especially. Robert Pattinson is also one of the best actors to ever have the role, and I do mean that. So we'll see.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeemo Batman. There’s more than a little of the Spider-Man 3 about that trailer, plus it looks portentous and self regarding. Brooding batman was nailed by Nolan, it’s so dull to see it redone, bring back Adam West 😂

The trailer really doesn't do anything for me, but I'll watch it at some point for Dano.

I don't get the emo Batman stuff. Like, we all understand why he's wearing the eye black under the mask, right? Come on.

Too many villains? Maybe.

Is that Weevil getting his ass beat by vengeance?

Am I the only one that's exhausted by Batman? Let's see a gritty Question flick instead.

The kids (11 and 8) had never seen Back to the Future, so we watched it on Friday night, then ended up watching 2 and 3 on Saturday and Sunday. It had been a while for me, too, but I realized how many of my memories of the series came from part 2- I think when I was a kid that was the one we played the VHS of the most...

Last edited:
Hard disagree but fair enough.
Recommend checking out every major thing he's done since Twilight ended. Good Time, High Life and The Lighthouse especially.
Both Pattinson and Stewart have proven themselves to be more than competent actors outside of the franchise that made them famous, it's just that the experience of being the faces of one of the most divisive and hated yet successful movie franchises of the time made them pretty much make a run towards the indie circuit so they didn't have to put up with the bullshit they did for Twilight. The only downside to that is that public perception still sees them as the Twilight actors because those indie movies, as acclaimed as they might have been, weren't what your average viewer is really looking to watch. Pattinson is a great actor, the Twilight movies just weren't great movies and I believe he and Stewart both have admitted that they didn't like their characters and basically stopped taking it seriously and trying at a certain point and so the impression most have of them is a performance that isn't really reflective of their talents.

Both Pattinson and Stewart have proven themselves to be more than competent actors outside of the franchise that made them famous, it's just that the experience of being the faces of one of the most divisive and hated yet successful movie franchises of the time made them pretty much make a run towards the indie circuit so they didn't have to put up with the bullshit they did for Twilight. The only downside to that is that public perception still sees them as the Twilight actors because those indie movies, as acclaimed as they might have been, weren't what your average viewer is really looking to watch. Pattinson is a great actor, the Twilight movies just weren't great movies and I believe he and Stewart both have admitted that they didn't like their characters and basically stopped taking it seriously and trying at a certain point and so the impression most have of them is a performance that isn't really reflective of their talents.

Yeah I mean that’s as much a comment on the calibre of the actors that went before them. I don’t think he’s close to having Christian Bale’s range and while Clooney stunk Batman up he’s more than proven himself to be a good dramatic actor. Keaton is also another good actor. Much better than Val Kilmer though, he’s as wooden as fuck.

Yeah I mean that’s as much a comment on the calibre of the actors that went before them. I don’t think he’s close to having Christian Bale’s range and while Clooney stunk Batman up he’s more than proven himself to be a good dramatic actor. Keaton is also another good actor. Much better than Val Kilmer though, he’s as wooden as fuck.
Yeah, I see what you mean, but I think Pattinson is as good as some of them when he wants to be. It's hard to judge for sure since I don't think his filmography is really as big as most of the others, but it is impressive for what it is. I try to reserve judgment as best as I can, when Keaton got the role in the 80s people thought it was sacrilege, and a lot of people thought Heath Ledger would suck as the Joker. I've not been very excited for this movie since I've realized it just going to be another gloomy Batman retelling but I believe that Pattinson can come through with a good performance and that a good movie can come from it, even if its well-worn territory at this point.

I've always said it's sad that Clooney got such a bad Batman movie, because of all the actors, he can actually sell the idea that Bruce Wayne is a popular playboy millionaire.

I've always said it's sad that Clooney got such a bad Batman movie, because of all the actors, he can actually sell the idea that Bruce Wayne is a popular playboy millionaire.
it was just such an utterly terrible film in every way sadly...
Hot take: I'd watch Batman & Robin twice before bothering to sit through The Dark Knight Rises again.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hot take: I'd watch Batman & Robin twice before bothering to sit through The Dark Knight Rises again.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I would almost agree with you but I love the opening sequence of Dark Knight Rises it might be my favorite scene of any of Nolan’s Batman run. Plus Tom Hardy’s Baine is ton’s of fun. Outside of the Batsuit’s new found nipples I don’t recall anything redeeming Batman & Robin.

Back