Movies

Heard of it by reputation only. Is the actual movie any good or just good for shock value?

It's not "great"...but as one of the original "found footage" movies, I can see its importance in cinema history.

Yes...the animal killing was bad...but I also think it got a bad rap because it was also thought they actually killed real people and that it was a real Snuff film - specifically the impalement scene.

The director was actually charged with murder at one point, with the courts thinking the actors were actually killed.

Last edited:
Shane Carruth fans:

Also I’ll just go ahead and say, there’s basically no news here, as usual when it comes to Carruth. But hey, it’s still nice to hear from him.

Shane Carruth fans:

Also I’ll just go ahead and say, there’s basically no news here, as usual when it comes to Carruth. But hey, it’s still nice to hear from him.
Just came here to post this. I know the script has floated around forever, but I’ve never read it. It’s a shame that he couldn’t get this made. Shame we’ll probably never see The Modern Ocean, either, unless that’s the “last project” that he’s still working on, but that seems unlikely after so many delays.

Just came here to post this. I know the script has floated around forever, but I’ve never read it. It’s a shame that he couldn’t get this made. Shame we’ll probably never see The Modern Ocean, either, unless that’s the “last project” that he’s still working on, but that seems unlikely after so many delays.
I do wonder at this point if we’ll even see a final project. I really hope so. And if not, I’d like a very in depth interview with him chronicling all the stuff he’s been going through to try and get things made. I loved Upstream Color and was really thinking/hoping his next film would be getting off the ground easier because of the sorta success and interesting distribution of UC.

Shirley was a hella cool film. For those who have Hulu, you can watch it there, or rent it elsewhere. Elizabeth Moss as Shirley Jackson was one of the performances of the year (so far). I was pleasantly surprised to see that it had the same wild visual flair of the director's previous film, Madeline's Madeline.

Finally got around to watching my free rental of Just Mercy last night.

It was a really emotional trying moving. It's worth the watch. It just angers me so much how much surpression of evidence and witnesses happened to the black community and false testimony from a white guy trying to get a deal can land a guy on death row who is innocent. And then when they have evidence that he is innocent, having their appeal denied over and over again.

Your Phantasm poster is amazing!

Thanks...bought it at the link below...it's signed.

Your Phantasm poster is amazing!
Thanks...bought it at the link below...it's signed.

20200609_025757 (2).jpg

I also have this one that came in the 2007 Circuit City exclusive Anchor Bay DVD, 1 in 7 were signed by Don Coscarelli, but you can buy pretty much the same thing in the phactory.co site above.

The Last Drive-In with Joe Bob Briggs...

Movie #1 - Scare Package

A low budget horror comedy anthology. Ok..but not great.

Last edited:
Back