Movies

Guys I started a movie themed tshirt shop because why not?

Snow Piercer?
I guess it would depend on how ya define masterpiece, Snow Piercer is a fun movie but Citizens Kane it ain’t. I mean, I enjoyed it a great deal but to me it falls more in the realm of Total Recall, Robo Cop, Starship Trooper, etc.. type movie, all of which I love but are hardly what I would consider a masterpiece.

Spent the day reorganising my movie wall ..most satisfying.View attachment 41048

So, uh, what's your favorite movie?*

*(Don't you hate it when people discover you read/listen to music/watch movies a lot, and that's the question they ask, and you could start spouting off some really long list of favorites that the person asking isn't actually interested in, but you have no actual clue what to say when asked to pick a favorite?)

*(Don't you hate it when people discover you read/listen to music/watch movies a lot, and that's the question they ask, and you could start spouting off some really long list of favorites that the person asking isn't actually interested in, but you have no actual clue what to say when asked to pick a favorite?)
☝️This x 1,000,000. People think they are just being friendly but they have no idea about the can of worms they just opened.

Yep , nigh on Impossible to say ...some films I could watch over and over ..alien, 2001, blade runner etc

Watched Baby Driver the other night and that was exceptional

The roommate and I finally got around to watching The Oath last night.

The ending was a bit toothless for such a vicious satire, but damned if portions of it didn't hit hard. I first heard about it, of all places, on Zach Lowe's basketball podcast where he talked about it at length with writer Ike Barinholtz, and painted it as a startlingly effective dark comedy.

You definitely think it is going to be about one thing (family dynamics) before it spirals down an escalating, tense and dystopian rabbit hole.

Give it a watch on Hulu.

The roommate and I finally got around to watching The Oath last night.

The ending was a bit toothless for such a vicious satire, but damned if portions of it didn't hit hard. I first heard about it, of all places, on Zach Lowe's basketball podcast where he talked about it at length with writer Ike Barinholtz, and painted it as a startlingly effective dark comedy.

You definitely think it is going to be about one thing (family dynamics) before it spirals down an escalating, tense and dystopian rabbit hole.

Give it a watch on Hulu.

Oh yeah I watched that movie like a year ago? I don't remember. But yes some of it is really solid, but the ending was a let down for all the interesting stuff happening before. I like the premise and how it just moves from there, but where it winds up isn't as satisfying.

Back