Movies

Is anyone else playing along with this? The clues so far have been kind of confusing but I've managed to find the first two so far.

Thanks for cluing me in to this; I have 4 out of 6 so far. I feel like I understand the two I don't yet have, but haven't been able to find the actual items for them.

Last edited:
Thanks for cluing me in to this; I have 4 out of 6 so far. I feel like I understand the two I don't yet have, but haven't been able to find the actual items for them.
The comments on instagram have enough clues to help you find any that you’re stuck on. It’s hard to know what some of the clues refer to, and with a lot of them, you only see the prize if you navigate through a specific sequence of lists or pages to get there.

The comments on instagram have enough clues to help you find any that you’re stuck on. It’s hard to know what some of the clues refer to, and with a lot of them, you only see the prize if you navigate through a specific sequence of lists or pages to get there.
My experience with these clues has been either finding the icon nearly immediately, or figuring the movie and then struggling with how to expose the icon. Day 4, for example, clearly wants you to look in your friends' reviews of the film in question. But I had to navigate to them in such a roundabout way I actually forget how I made it appear. Today's similar; I'm 99% sure I should be looking at Armageddon, and the rest of the clue makes me think I should be looking at similar films in the Destruction/Mankind genre. Yet I've found nothing.

My experience with these clues has been either finding the icon nearly immediately, or figuring the movie and then struggling with how to expose the icon. Day 4, for example, clearly wants you to look in your friends' reviews of the film in question. But I had to navigate to them in such a roundabout way I actually forget how I made it appear. Today's similar; I'm 99% sure I should be looking at Armageddon, and the rest of the clue makes me think I should be looking at similar films in the Destruction/Mankind genre. Yet I've found nothing.
Yep you’re on the right track for today. It’s just a matter of how you navigate there.

Just finished the 5 film Twilight series, which I feel was part of the OG “review bombing” cycle when people trashed it without seeing it because they were sick of hearing about it and its romantic leads. This is also mostly why I avoided it all this time.

First things first, they soundtracked this thing excellently. Superb song selection throughout to where I was Shazaming quite a bit, mostly because many of these songs were created just for the series by artists I know and love.

There are definitely some romantic moments, as well as some corny moments, but many intentionally and unintentionally funny moments. It doesn’t really take itself too seriously, but feels alarmingly serious when it needs to be, and there are plenty of strong and off-the-wall performances here that help strengthen that direction (Michael Sheen just chews scenery like it’s his hobby, Billy Burke plays the concerned dad-cop role admirably). The atmosphere also feels unique to this world and not like another Marvel movie being carbon-copied to the big screen.

It gets a lot more violent than I anticipated, vampire heads being ripped off is now something I’ll require of all my movies, and all loose ends were seemingly tied up neatly and to audience satisfaction (one well-placed twist helps achieve this). I see no reason why this should be seen in any different light as other teen adventure dystopian tent poles such The Hunger Games or Divergent.

*this review paid for by my wife*

Just finished the 5 film Twilight series, which I feel was part of the OG “review bombing” cycle when people trashed it without seeing it because they were sick of hearing about it and its romantic leads. This is also mostly why I avoided it all this time.

First things first, they soundtracked this thing excellently. Superb song selection throughout to where I was Shazaming quite a bit, mostly because many of these songs were created just for the series by artists I know and love.

There are definitely some romantic moments, as well as some corny moments, but many intentionally and unintentionally funny moments. It doesn’t really take itself too seriously, but feels alarmingly serious when it needs to be, and there are plenty of strong and off-the-wall performances here that help strengthen that direction (Michael Sheen just chews scenery like it’s his hobby, Billy Burke plays the concerned dad-cop role admirably). The atmosphere also feels unique to this world and not like another Marvel movie being carbon-copied to the big screen.

It gets a lot more violent than I anticipated, vampire heads being ripped off is now something I’ll require of all my movies, and all loose ends were seemingly tied up neatly and to audience satisfaction (one well-placed twist helps achieve this). I see no reason why this should be seen in any different light as other teen adventure dystopian tent poles such The Hunger Games or Divergent.

I legitimately get the appeal of the first film but I remember feeling very lukewarm on the sequels, as bugnuts as they eventually get.

Counterpoint, they made vampires be creatures that turned sparkly when the sun shone on them.

My favorite Black Keys song "Chop and Change" is originally from one of the Twilight movies

Back