Movies

I’m in the middle of watching Licorice Pizza….who thought it was a good idea to make a 15 year old boy a potential love interest for a 25 year old woman? Not done yet, but sheesh!
That was my number one gripe with the movie.
Eh, it’s the 70s. She’s a mess, he’s mature for his age, they see something in one another. People are complicated.

I’m in the middle of watching Licorice Pizza….who thought it was a good idea to make a 15 year old boy a potential love interest for a 25 year old woman? Not done yet, but sheesh!
For me It was fine. I can think of a lots of examples in movies were the older guy is getting with an underage girl. I am not saying it’s not creepy or gross in real life but I figured it didn’t bug me when an underage Alicia Silverstone Hooked up with a her college aged step brother Paul Rudd in Clueless or Kelly Kapowski started dating her college aged Manager at The Max, Jeff I can get past this too.

Plus it’s more the goofy kid pursuing her and she, for the most part; continually fends off his advances. I think it speaks to the hubris of the kid that he thinks he has a chance. I think she enjoys the attention but I also don’t think she want to fuck him.

Last edited:
I wasn’t sure she was 25. Throughout the movie she’s trying to present as older and more mature than she really is. At one point she almost tries to pass as 29 then thinks better of it.

I watched Spider-Man No Way Home last night and loved it! It was the perfect amount of funny and sweet and wink wink, my only complaint and the reason I've tuned out most of the recent MCU films is the overuse of cgi. All the Dr. Strange / multiverse stuff is just a huge eye roll for me so I know I just need to pick and choose which MCU projects I watch moving forward.

Thor: Love and thunder was fine. The back half was far more interesting than the front half. The Monochromatic and Child fight scenes were amazing. It got a lot of hate, but it was better than Eternals or Black Widow (edited because dumb) by far.

Last edited:
Thor: Love and thunder was fine. The back half was far more interesting than the front half. The Monochromatic and Child fight scenes were amazing. It got a lot of hate, but it was better than Eternals or Scarlet Witch by far.
By Scarlet Witch do you mean WandaVision or Doctor Stranger Mind of Madness? If you mean the Former I disagree if you mean the latter I concur.

Back