Movies

Venom 2 was fun y'all. Not every movie has to be high art to be enjoyable.

Personally I liked it more than No Way Home so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I think it's less about someone enjoying Venom 2 and more about WHO that someone is. Being known as a movie snob and putting Venom 2 on your best movie of the year list is just... a little odd. Not bad, or wrong, as it's all subjective, but it at least makes you read it twice to make sure you read it right the first time.

And Being the Ricardos was fine. I wouldn't says it's Best Picture worthy, but I don't understand the hate.

Maybe I just wanna watch reruns 🤷🏻‍♂️
Saw this movie yesterday, might be the worst movie I’ve seen from last year. That phone call at the end was a pretty brutal moment of resolution, but at least the actors looked like scary wax figures of Lucy and Desi. I feel like Sorkin really shouldn’t direct movies

Saw this movie yesterday, might be the worst movie I’ve seen from last year. That phone call at the end was a pretty brutal moment of resolution, but at least the actors looked like scary wax figures of Lucy and Desi. I feel like Sorkin really shouldn’t direct movies
I liked Molly’s Game but I tend to agree.

Society has progressed past the need for Sorkin in general.

If anyone wants to see After Yang or Cha Cha Real Smooth, or any of the other Sundance award winners, tickets for Saturday and Sunday are now available, but will prob sell out before too long.

(select single film passes...the award winner pass is a ripoff)

If anyone wants to see After Yang or Cha Cha Real Smooth, or any of the other Sundance award winners, tickets for Saturday and Sunday are now available, but will prob sell out before too long.

(select single film passes...the award winner pass is a ripoff)
Cha Cha sold out while I had the ticket in my cart, but I'm seeing After Yang tomorrow morning instead! Thank you for this!!

But why though?
Honestly, I was wildly bored the entire time. the screenplay was poorly written (which sucks for a Sorkin movie) and the jokes felt so tried and flat (not trying to “gaslight” by the way). Lucy and Desi looked so off and odd and it was hard to see anything but Kidman and Bardem coated in cheap plastic. But the thing that really made me hate it was the ending where everyone celebrates because we don’t have to worry about the Reds infiltrating good ol American values. It felt gross. I admittedly don’t have a deep connection to I Love Lucy and maybe that would have altered my opinion, but it was over two hours long and I left feeling like I got nothing from it.

But it’s just my opinion, so that doesn’t really mean anything. But if we can call Venom trash, I think we can say that Being the Ricardos is garbage.

LoL did y'all work on this movie?
Someone let Woody know I enjoyed Defendor. K thx.
Edit: Haven’t seen Venom. Sorry if I came off like an asshole above. Was just ranting about a movie I didn’t enjoy

Last edited:
I will watch Tom Hardy in anything but still haven’t seen either of the Venom movies. I may need to fix that though. I’m glad to hear that folks are enjoying them.

Lucy and Desi looked so off and odd and it was hard to see anything but Kidman and Bardem coated in cheap plastic.

I felt this way about The Eyes of Tammy Faye. The acting was fine, but the makeup on Chastain and Garfield will forever be distracting.

But the thing that really made me hate it was the ending where everyone celebrates because we don’t have to worry about the Reds infiltrating good ol American values. It felt gross.

I get it. But while the in house audience may be celebrating Lucy not being a Communist, I think the intent was for moviegoers to celebrate that she wasn't blacklisted.

I dunno. I don't know if I ever knew she was accused of being a Communist. So, I learned something.

And J. K. Simmons was solid.

And Nina Arianda was solid.

And Tony Hale is always a good time.

I didn't need that sex scene though, which is hilarious.

Hahaha, I promise I wouldn't choose it for best picture.

Back