MoFi UltraDeck / StudioDeck Owners and those interested

My luck with the StudioDeck continues. Audio Advice replaced my last table and I've had this one for less than 48 hours. Dry bearing? Removed the belt and the platter seemed stuck, wouldn't even rotate by hand

IMG_3901 by c c, on Flickr

You had the one with the bad motor, did they repair it or send you a brand new unit? Is the motor spinning normal this time when the belt is off? Also, great records in your collection.

You had the one with the bad motor, did they repair it or send you a brand new unit? Is the motor spinning normal this time when the belt is off? Also, great records in your collection.
Audio Advice sent me a replacement unit, the issue seems to be with the platter this time around. Maybe a dry/bad bearing? Waiting on a call back to see what the best solution is.
and thank you! Haven't been able to play much lately

Audio Advice sent me a replacement unit, the issue seems to be with the platter this time around. Maybe a dry/bad bearing? Waiting on a call back to see what the best solution is.
really sorry you’re having to deal with this nonsense.

does the platter spin freely by hand?

Hang in there, it's always disheartening when someone is having ongoing problems with something I've had, loved and had nothing but a positive experience with.

I definitely like the look of this one better than the current UD. I've always been partial to a TT with wood finish though!

Wouldn't be shocked if this is $3k+ like you said. Weirdly looks like theres a speed adjustment and it's playing 78RPM? No sign of the belt either.
I read $6k somewhere.

Well “I did a thing” as I’ve seen many other members on this site say!

I've been hanging out here for the past several weeks while I was searching for a new turntable. The one that was on the top of my wish list was the Mofi Ultradeck. The Stereophile Rankings: Recommended Components 2022 Edition Turntables list was the way I discovered it and I continued to read favorable reviews in other publications including its listing in the mid priced tier of The Absolute Sounds 50 Greatest Bargains in High-End Audio. It was more than I had planned to spend so I kept researching other turntables however I kept coming back to the Ultradeck.

I found N&G because of the number of postings about the Ultradeck on this thread. I’ve read this thread a couple of times and it appears that there are many happy owners here. Some have had problems but were resolved. (Hopefully @notjhill has his issue resolved.) Some have recently moved on and that initially caused me to rethink my plans, but I realized everyone is on a different audio journey. Even after they moved on it didn’t appear that they had anything negative to say about the Ultradeck. I have found negative user reviews in other forums but there weren’t many.

So about 4 weeks ago I decided to purchase the Ultradeck Plus (with the Ultratracker). It was on sale (and still is) at ABT Electronics for $2,299 ($500 less that the current/new price of $2,799). It was on backorder when I ordered it so I wasn’t sure when it would come in. I received it this past Saturday and I felt like a kid at Christmas! Set up was a breeze after reading comments on this thread and watching an online setup video and I'm happy to report that everything is working great.

I'm looking forward to spending more time with it. Thanks to everyone for the humor, knowledge and experience that you've shared in this thread.

I've been hanging out here for the past several weeks while I was searching for a new turntable. The one that was on the top of my wish list was the Mofi Ultradeck. The Stereophile Rankings: Recommended Components 2022 Edition Turntables list was the way I discovered it and I continued to read favorable reviews in other publications including its listing in the mid priced tier of The Absolute Sounds 50 Greatest Bargains in High-End Audio. It was more than I had planned to spend so I kept researching other turntables however I kept coming back to the Ultradeck.

I found N&G because of the number of postings about the Ultradeck on this thread. I’ve read this thread a couple of times and it appears that there are many happy owners here. Some have had problems but were resolved. (Hopefully @notjhill has his issue resolved.) Some have recently moved on and that initially caused me to rethink my plans, but I realized everyone is on a different audio journey. Even after they moved on it didn’t appear that they had anything negative to say about the Ultradeck. I have found negative user reviews in other forums but there weren’t many.

So about 4 weeks ago I decided to purchase the Ultradeck Plus (with the Ultratracker). It was on sale (and still is) at ABT Electronics for $2,299 ($500 less that the current/new price of $2,799). It was on backorder when I ordered it so I wasn’t sure when it would come in. I received it this past Saturday and I felt like a kid at Christmas! Set up was a breeze after reading comments on this thread and watching an online setup video and I'm happy to report that everything is working great.

I'm looking forward to spending more time with it. Thanks to everyone for the humor, knowledge and experience that you've shared in this thread.
Welcome to N&G! Glad to have you.

Welcome!!

Welcome, and yes um.... moving on is a thing that we definitely... uh... do.

Last edited:

Get out while you still can, these people are lunatics!

Back