MoFi UltraDeck / StudioDeck Owners and those interested

So has everyone else been sticking to the basic annual maintenance? I just noticed my table running a tad slow. I'm honestly surprised I caught it by ear, but it was confirmed via the RPM app.
Looking back it's closer to 18 months at this point, so I figure it's time for a new belt and some fresh grease. Reached out to my dealer so hopefully we can get that squared away pretty quickly.

So has everyone else been sticking to the basic annual maintenance? I just noticed my table running a tad slow. I'm honestly surprised I caught it by ear, but it was confirmed via the RPM app.
Looking back it's closer to 18 months at this point, so I figure it's time for a new belt and some fresh grease. Reached out to my dealer so hopefully we can get that squared away pretty quickly.
Is that something a dealer would send to you gratis?

All seems well. The new motor makes a very quiet hum, but it's not audible from a couple of feet away, and none of the noise transfers to the platter. It's certainly not the buzzsaw that my old motor was.

Happy to have it back.

Glad to hear it. Mine definitely has a slight noise too so I think thats normal..

Hi All,

I’m new to needles and grooves.
Anyone experience the cartridge ‘sings’ while playing on the vinyl record even after I muted my amplifier?

my question could be silly but it does happen on my Mofi and ultratracker!

Hi All,

I’m new to needles and grooves.
Anyone experience the cartridge ‘sings’ while playing on the vinyl record even after I muted my amplifier?

my question could be silly but it does happen on my Mofi and ultratracker!

It’s called “needle talk,” and it’s caused by the vibrations of the needle in the groove. Totally normal, as far as I’m aware.

Yeah. It's nothing to worry about. Every turntable, record player and record changer I've heard has done it.
The only time I heard of trouble was when my grandpa played his 78 pressing of the 1812 overture. The cannons in the finale caused his needle to jump off the record!

Back