Metal!

Anyone into CKY? Obviously knew about them from the Jackass days, but only knew of maybe 2 songs and never gave them a chance because they were always connected to that crew and just kinda thought "oh, that's the Jackass house band."

I've revisited them as their drummer, Jess Margera, is Bam's brother and Bam's obviously been going through it in a very public manner. He went missing yesterday and his brother pleaded for help on twitter for people to find him. He was found, unharmed, but sent some very concerning messages prior.

Anyways, listening to their first couple of albums and am pleasantly surprised at how good it sounds. I'm admittedly in the melodic metal camp and I think this lines up with the likes of Pantera. Sadly not a ton of vinyl pressings to go around at the moment.

Anyone into CKY? Obviously knew about them from the Jackass days, but only knew of maybe 2 songs and never gave them a chance because they were always connected to that crew and just kinda thought "oh, that's the Jackass house band."

I've revisited them as their drummer, Jess Margera, is Bam's brother and Bam's obviously been going through it in a very public manner. He went missing yesterday and his brother pleaded for help on twitter for people to find him. He was found, unharmed, but sent some very concerning messages prior.

Anyways, listening to their first couple of albums and am pleasantly surprised at how good it sounds. I'm admittedly in the melodic metal camp and I think this lines up with the likes of Pantera. Sadly not a ton of vinyl pressings to go around at the moment.
I some them live a couple times back in the day and it was always a fun show. Would love to see some of their albums get the vinyl treatment.

Piggybacking off the hot takes thread, 1997 was a pretty dope year for those of us into the heavier tunes.

In the Woods... - Omnio
Electric Wizard - Come My Fanatics...
Deftones - Around the Fur
Incubus - S.C.I.E.N.C.E.
Arcturus - La Masquerade Infernale
The Gathering - Nighttime Birds
Emperor - Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk
Sevendust - Sevendust
Dimmu Borgir - Enthrone Darkness Triumphant
Coal Chamber - Coal Chamber

Last edited:
Piggybacking off the hot takes thread, 1997 was a pretty dope year for those of us into the heavier tunes.

In the Woods... - Omnio
Electric Wizard - Come My Fanatics...
Deftones - Around the Fur
Incubus - S.C.I.E.N.C.E.
Arcturus - La Masquerade Infernale
The Gathering - Nighttime Birds
Emperor - Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk
Sevendust - Sevendust
Dimmu Borgir - Enthrone Darkness Triumphant
Coal Chamber - Coal Chamber

Lets not forget:

Rollins Band Come in and Burn