May 2020 Record Challenge Thread (PRIZE RAFFLE AT THE END!)

Day 31: Same artist as day 1

I only own two Alice In Chains albums on vinyl, so we’re going unplugged tonight:

F5CC3B0C-AD5E-49D9-8419-108B03ECB03F.jpeg

This is actually a very personal album for me, as it (on CD) was basically the soundtrack of my move to America. It’s hard for me to listen to it without feeling like an anxious/naive/excited/sad 18-year-old again.

DAY 30 - PET SOUNDS

IMG_20200531_211708.jpg

About 10 years ago, I was forced to move back home for a little bit. One day I decided not to shut the door when I was listening to music, and it was to this album. My favorite cat came in as I was starting side two and just lay there listening with me until the record was over. As soon as the music stopped, she abruptly got up and left the room.
It wasn't an amazing time in my life, but I will always have the memory of her sitting with me while listening to "Don't Say a Word."

DAY 31 - PLAYING ALBUM FROM THE SAME BAND YOU LISTENED TO ON DAY ONE.

I can't do that.
On the first day I listened to Gigolo Aunt's Flippin' Out which happens to be the only album by them I own.
After doing a little research I discovered that their follow-up album was not released until 6 years later. In that time they had to left their label and joined with a different one, this one owned by Adam Duritz of Counting Crows.
I'm feeling pretty good about the connection enough to spin this one as a related album.

IMG_20200531_221309.jpg

Forgot to post yesterday.

Day 24: Soundtrack Sunday
View attachment 48929

Side A is weird but side B is better. Fictional soundtrack to a Bollywood Movie.

Day 25: An artist you haven’t seen live but would love to be able to
View attachment 48931

The Coachella show left me speechless and wishing I was there. Just fantastic.

Day 26: Discogs randomizer
IMG_20200531_114445.jpg
Day 27: Least favorite album cover
IMG_20200428_000203.jpg

This is one of my least favorite covers I. My collection.

Day 28: An album that’s full of hope
IMG_20200428_000734.jpg

This album is full of good vibes and hope. Really fun, definitely recommend it.

Day 29: An album that makes you feel nostalgic
IMG_20200219_204454.jpg

This album has really nostalgic songs, great songwriting and music. Love it.

Day 30: Pet Sounds! Play an album that makes you think of animals!
IMG_20200414_154653.jpg

There's a blackbird, in my garden.

Day 31: Play an album by the same artist you played on Day 1
IMG_20200513_171451.jpgIMG_20200513_171347.jpg

Cafeta's newest. It's a great consolidation of their sound, while still exploring and discovering themselves. I think it's one of their best.

Managed to catch up. Thanks @Fleetwood-Matt and it was cool to see and read about everyone's picks. 🤘

Catchup! Was out of town for a bit:

Day 28 - Album Full of Hope
Vulfpeck - Mr. Finish Line

This album is such a feel good album for me. Lots of positivity and hope!

IMG_1115.JPG

Day 29: Nostalgia
Ben Kweller - Sha Sha

This was one of my favorite albums in high school but was way too expensive to find once I started getting into records. Ben Kweller said he didn't even own it on vinyl. They finally re-released it for RSD and I waited hours in line at my local only to find out they only got 2 copies and the last one had sold to a guy 2 people in front of me. I was pretty bummed and posted a want post on reddit and Plaid Room Records helped me out! Been a loyal customer ever since!

IMG_1116.JPG

Day 30: Pet Sounds!
Big Baby D.R.A.M. - Self-Titled
I mean...the album cover speaks for itself. One of my favorite album covers of all time. There's a pretty silly interview video of him where they send puppies in one by one and each puppy's tags have a name and a question on them and you can just see the joy in DRAM's eyes every time a puppy comes in hah.

IMG_1117.JPG

Day 31: Album by the same artist as Day 1.

Nick Drake - Five Leaves Left

This is a bit of a cheat as I posted the Nick Drake box set on day 1 and he doesn't have any other records...but this is my favorite album of his!
IMG_1118 2.JPG

Thanks to @Fleetwood-Matt for setting this all up! It's been a blast to go through stuff I don't listen to as much as I should!

I hope my living room is free for me to use at some point tomorrow, because I really want to do day 31, but my family has been using the room whenever I'm home or not working the last two days. 😬 It would suck to do 30 of 31 and then not finish, but it might happen!

Last edited:
Before i announce the raffle winner i just want to thank everyone for getting involved. when i decided to do the raffle i wasnt expecting for this many people to join in and to have to keep track of soooooo many posts but it was all so worth it. Keep track in my google sheets didnt feel like work because i got to see and read all of the post you've made and i was always excited to see who posted what albums. and the fact that i kinda lit a fire with the challenge threads and now we need a thread to keep track of who will be hosting them is the best outcome imaginable! because i am so grateful for this community and the passion of it I decide to award 2 winners instead of my planned 1. We had 46 members attempt the challenge and 33 who finished it and made it into the hat.

20200603_170031.jpg

so without further ado, the winners are.....

20200603_170831.jpg

@Ear Wax and @MikeH !!!!!!

congrats to the two winners! Ill be sending you both messages to get you your prizes!

Before i announce the raffle winner i just want to thank everyone for getting involved. when i decided to do the raffle i wasnt expecting for this many people to join in and to have to keep track of soooooo many posts but it was all so worth it. Keep track in my google sheets didnt feel like work because i got to see and read all of the post you've made and i was always excited to see who posted what albums. and the fact that i kinda lit a fire with the challenge threads and now we need a thread to keep track of who will be hosting them is the best outcome imaginable! because i am so grateful for this community and the passion of it I decide to award 2 winners instead of my planned 1. We had 46 members attempt the challenge and 33 who finished it and made it into the hat.

View attachment 50321

so without further ado, the winners are.....

View attachment 50322

@Ear Wax and @MikeH !!!!!!

congrats to the two winners! Ill be sending you both messages to get you your prizes!
Oh wow! Thanks!!! 🍻🍻 I never win anything. Really appreciate you putting this together. It was tons of fun.

Back