Magnolia Record Club

I’d be very happy with Storf’s curating because he likes all the different flavors of Country.

He has love and respect for the classics, and is in touch with the more Independent scene while not looking down on the more mainstream Pop and Bro Country sounds. Thats rare and personally what Id want from a country sub. With some Bluegrass, Americana, Folk, and Southern Rock mixed in. He obviously picks all VMPs country exclusives and they’re great.

And lets be honest, Classics is by far the most consistent track they have.

Loretta was a solid choice, he also had a goal of bringing the people ‘No Fences’, which I’d also be down for. But then again, he’s a big Florida Georgia Line guy....and I am OUT on that.

Even though he likes Thomas Rhett, FGL, Sam Hunt etc theres almost a zero chance we’d get many picks from artists like that. They are the artists that already press their albums in large quantities and don’t really fit the VMP brand.

Even though he likes Thomas Rhett, FGL, Sam Hunt etc theres almost a zero chance we’d get many picks from artists like that. They are the artists that already press their albums in large quantities and don’t really fit the VMP brand.
Perfect, that’s my prerequisite for subscribing to Vinyl Me Pardner, zero chance of Thomas Rhett, FGL, etc.😂

I’d be very happy with Storf’s curating because he likes all the different flavors of Country.

He has love and respect for the classics, and is in touch with the more Independent scene while not looking down on the more mainstream Pop and Bro Country sounds. Thats rare and personally what Id want from a country sub. With some Bluegrass, Americana, Folk, and Southern Rock mixed in. He obviously picks all VMPs country exclusives and they’re great.

And lets be honest, Classics is by far the most consistent track they have.
I think Classics WAS the most consistent, been hit or miss for the past year imo.

I think Classics WAS the most consistent, been hit or miss for the past year imo.

Agree that this is Classics most inconsistent year (the bar was high). Disagree that it isnt still their most consistent. I like Storf and his curation and think he’s done a great job but after 39 picks it probably would give it a kick to have a fresh curator.

Maybe if he steps away for Vinyl Me Pardner?

Last edited:
I think the Kathleen Edwards record this month is going to be excellent!!👌🏽I’d love for Magnolia to do some store exclusives of the featured artist like VMP does. I’d give $50 for a nice new pressing of her “Asking for Flowers” album.

Yeah Kathleen Edwards sounds great so far. This was their best month in awhile and I would have resubbed if I didnt buy Courtney Marie Andrews already. Will probably grab Kathleen in the coming months

Who is ready for Needtobreathe to be announced as ROTM tomorrow? Needtobreathe and Magnolia are like Peanut Butter and Jelly. Well at least guess the color of the record since we already know the record? I am going with an Olive Green version.

1596264400663.jpeg

AUGUST 2020
Out of Body - NEEDTOBREATHE
Ships between September 1-7
The Record
We’re incredibly excited to offer our club members the newest record from South Carolina rock band NEEDTOBREATHE as our August 2020 Record of the Month.
Out of Body is the group’s seventh studio record, but their first in their new phase as a trio, as they said goodbye to fellow member Bo Reinhart in 2019. It’s a record that was made through reimagining their origins as a band, creating a “team atmosphere,” and the band “fell in love with [their] instruments again” during the writing and recording process. What results is a sweeping, rich record full of passionate performances and soulful songs, both stadium-sized and intimate.
Join the club by 8/31 and get the exclusive translucent tan vinyl, only available through the club

THIS MONTH'S DISCOVERY: RUSTON KELLY
Ruston-Site-BG-logo-400x400.png

Can any current member confirm if Kathleen Edwards is available to swap yet? Not feeling Needtobreathe enough but would unpause if I could get Edwards/Ruston.

Back