Los Angeles Shows, Vinyl Life, Meetups, and Earthquakes

Anyone check out Record Safari in Atwater yet? I stopped by today-- really great store, its a sister store the Glass House in Pomona. They had a lot of rare records and even a section devoted to MoFis.

Anyone check out Record Safari in Atwater yet? I stopped by today-- really great store, its a sister store the Glass House in Pomona. They had a lot of rare records and even a section devoted to MoFis.

no but definitely plan to stop by soon. Me and Alex are from the same shitty small town and while we aren’t close friends, we’ve met and have mutual friends. He’s a nice guy.

I’ve been seeing his posts in IG. But I’m more excited about Deadly Wax opening up in Granada hills. It’s closer and the owner is into weirder music.

Hey y'all! Anyone interested in buying my used Fluance RT85 at $350 or so? Discounted because it could probably use an azimuth adjustment. Going to take a little vinyl hiatus and invest in a digital set up while I put away for an endgame deck. Trying to sell it in the LA area so I don't have to worry about shipping/packaging! Let me know if you, or anyone you know may be interested!

Man I was really curious about the RT85 but if it’s having issues that might not be for me 🤔
Yeah its been a very confusing experience for me, the problems I've experienced are only highlighted on very strong vocal performances. Like the better the singer the harsher the vocals can come off? Theres a possibility that my gear runs too "bright" and is really compromising the highs but frankly the tinkering and investigating has burnt me out to the point where I'd just prefer to take a break and come back in a year or so lmao. Just very strange and difficult to diagnose because jazz, electronica, most indie rock, classical and everything else sounds wonderful?

Anyone know anyone looking to make an extra $700 for a 8-9 days of house/dog sitting from the 20th to the morning of the 29th? My dog sitter just bailed one me last minute and I'm headed to NYC on Sunday... Little staycation action in a beautiful/large apartment right on the border of West Hollywood and Hancock Park

Anyone know anyone looking to make an extra $700 for a 8-9 days of house/dog sitting from the 20th to the morning of the 29th? My dog sitter just bailed one me last minute and I'm headed to NYC on Sunday... Little staycation action in a beautiful/large apartment right on the border of West Hollywood and Hancock Park

I would have jumped on that opportunity on a second, but I can't cross the border yet. Hope you find someone!

If you ever need another dog/house sitter. Let me know 🤘 I can now, safely travel to the US

If you ever need another dog/house sitter. Let me know 🤘 I can now, safely travel to the US
Will do! Nice to know I can welcome a sitter that I don’t need to explain how to use the sound system to.

The last guy asked if he could use the record player and after realizing my list of instructions for using it and caring for the records was a small novel I was just like “Yeahhhh no.”

Makaya McCraven, Alabaster Deplume, Irreversible Entaglements, and Jeff Parker are all in town in the next few weeks/months btw.

I saw Jeff Parker a couple of weeks ago at an event with that group Floating. It was super chill! They are having a little International Anthem residency over the next couple of months. I may go see Anteloper (Jaimie Branch & Jason Nazary) this Sunday-- although I may also watch the Super Bowl.

@Ghost Did you see that Going Underground is moving to Little Tokyo?

Where is Parker playing
I believe he will be at the Zebulon this month? Think I saw that correctly.
I saw Jeff Parker a couple of weeks ago at an event with that group Floating. It was super chill! They are having a little International Anthem residency over the next couple of months. I may go see Anteloper (Jaimie Branch & Jason Nazary) this Sunday-- although I may also watch the Super Bowl.

@Ghost Did you see that Going Underground is moving to Little Tokyo?
I did indeed, kinda bummed about it lol. Their current location is a short drive away and I always find parking very close with no hassle. The idea of going all the way downtown and doing the whole parking mess is going to make me less of a frequent visitor, unfortunately. Hopefully, it's a cool little space.

Back