Los Angeles Shows, Vinyl Life, Meetups, and Earthquakes

Finally getting to see Gang of Youths tonight but at one of my least favorite venues- The Roxy. Had tickets to see them at the Moroccan Lounge last year but couldn't make it. Not going to miss them this time.

Finally getting to see Gang of Youths tonight but at one of my least favorite venues- The Roxy. Had tickets to see them at the Moroccan Lounge last year but couldn't make it. Not going to miss them this time.

I think I've been to the Roxy once. It's on the Sunset Strip right? That place seems like a weird place to go to see music since the Eastside and Downtown blew up.

I think I've been to the Roxy once. It's on the Sunset Strip right? That place seems like a weird place to go to see music since the Eastside and Downtown blew up.

Yeah it is weird. They only started booking good shows a couple of years ago when they changed booking agents. It tends to book cooler major label artists, but I don't think is usually the first choice for a venue of that size. I'd much much prefer the Teragram Ballroom.

Yeah it is weird. They only started booking good shows a couple of years ago when they changed booking agents. It tends to book cooler major label artists, but I don't think is usually the first choice for a venue of that size. I'd much much prefer the Teragram Ballroom.

I saw Health at Teragram. It was a nice venue...far away form the hassle of going into West Hollywood.

LA people! Looks like Mr. Bongo is having an event at Rappcats in December, conveniently just after my payday. I'm not gonna miss this.

Who's up for a meet up in Highland Park? There's that vinyl bar in that neighborhood I'm been meaning to check out.

Ohh that looks awesome. Do you think tickets will sell out? How's that venue?

I've been to a few Jazz is Dead events and they are very well attended. Nubya Garcia didn't sell out but Arthur Verocai did, so this may be more likely too. The venue is pretty cool, I've seen quite a few shows there. Not my favorite in town, but far from my least. Are you thinking about coming? I may buy a couple of tickets, but the other one probably won't be spoken for for a while.

I would tota
I've been to a few Jazz is Dead events and they are very well attended. Nubya Garcia didn't sell out but Arthur Verocai did, so this may be more likely too. The venue is pretty cool, I've seen quite a few shows there. Not my favorite in town, but far from my least. Are you thinking about coming? I may buy a couple of tickets, but the other one probably won't be spoken for for a while.

I would totally be down to see this!

Anyone have a favorite shop to sell records? I usually sold at amoeba but they are closed until who knows when. I’ve run out of mailers and I need to make space!

I actually haven't sold much outside of Amoeba myself, but I would imagine most places are similar in how they buy. Best bet is to take it to either somewhere convenient or somewhere you want to shop as you will most likely be offered more in store credit than in cash.

Anyone have a favorite shop to sell records? I usually sold at amoeba but they are closed until who knows when. I’ve run out of mailers and I need to make space!
I usually offload my records at Going Underground Records in LA, think it’s on Melrose, Cosmic Vinyl in Silverlake, or Gimme Gimme Records in Highland Park. All run by great dudes and they’re super fair. Cosmic Vinyl guy will typically ask what you think the records are worth and go from their, so it’s best to go in with a number in mind

I usually offload my records at Going Underground Records in LA, think it’s on Melrose, Cosmic Vinyl in Silverlake, or Gimme Gimme Records in Highland Park. All run by great dudes and they’re super fair. Cosmic Vinyl guy will typically ask what you think the records are worth and go from their, so it’s best to go in with a number in mind

I was thinking of doing going underground, I’ve just had no experience selling with them before. They are probably the closest record store to my house now, them or Rockaway.

I would choose based on where I would like to shop but I’m trying to severely limit how much I’m taking in right now. Space is at a premium!

I was thinking of doing going underground, I’ve just had no experience selling with them before. They are probably the closest record store to my house now, them or Rockaway.

I would choose based on where I would like to shop but I’m trying to severely limit how much I’m taking in right now. Space is at a premium!
Hit them up! They’re great people. That’s probably the shop I frequent most in LA tbh

Back