Let's See Your Collection! Any Size!

ha, have downsized a wee bit recently.

Plus they dont look so cool after an earthquake....

reco1_zpsvwhdyush.jpg

Where did u get these from?
My shit one is slowly bending under the pressure :O do yours?
I need these! so perfect!
View attachment 628
There’s another four cubes out of shot plus further overspill.

@Believer101 worth mentioning that if you do get Kallax's make sure that the longest 'divider' is used as the horizontal piece, with the 2 smaller dividers being the verticles. I have seen a couple of disaster stories of people putting them the wrong way and it collapsing because of the pressure.

Take note of @hamicle's picture and you can see what I mean by fixing them correctly.

@Believer101 worth mentioning that if you do get Kallax's make sure that the longest 'divider' is used as the horizontal piece, with the 2 smaller dividers being the verticles. I have seen a couple of disaster stories of people putting them the wrong way and it collapsing because of the pressure.

Take note of @hamicle's picture and you can see what I mean by fixing them correctly.
Very good tip, I guarantee any pics you see of failed Kallax units, the long boards are vertical.

I am confused lol Want to make it obvious for me? haha I looked at his picture but it did not help. (furniture newb<)

I am confused lol Want to make it obvious for me? haha I looked at his picture but it did not help. (furniture newb<)
Yeah sure. It's probably really obvious, just worth remembering though as I have seen a few issues in the past.

I've taken @hamicle's pic as a reference (hope that's ok) as how to put it together correctly. Orange is the 2 short pieces and the blue is the longer one. This is the correct way, if it was rotated so the orange was horizontal there is more chance of the weight causing it to fail structurally.

Thanks! Someday, I will actually put some finish on them. Or not. The bare wood looks good too. I keep going back and forth on whether I want make them to sell...
I like the unfinished look, but I guess it would depend on where someone was putting them. That said, I think you should consider selling some ;)

Maybe this will help as well.
View attachment 853

Isnt this the normal way?

I think is why im finding it confusing. I feel your telling me to do something out of ordinary but those pictures are both exactly as Id imagine anything like this to be built.

So build it the way its suppose to be built is what your telling me?

Are those the LP BIN's? How do you like them? If I ever get a dedicated room I was thinking of getting a couple.

That’s exactly what they are. I love them! It’s so much better to be able to flip through than just looking at the spines :) I live 10 miles from where they’re made so I was able to avoid the shipping costs but I was still prepared to pay the shipping anyways for them. Highly recommended!

Back