Let's See What Makes Your Vinyl Spin!

And now, for something a bit more… ghetto. No fancy furniture here—that would take money away from the vinyl!

Are you wondering about that white line under the turntable's right foot? That's a piece of junk mail I folded up to level it.

Yes, I keep the electronics on the floor. That way, I can't knock it over after a few too many!

I guess some systems make you want one, and others make you happier with yours. This is probably in the second category!

Last edited:
And now, for something a bit more… ghetto. No fancy furniture here—that would take money away from the vinyl!

View attachment 3403
Are you wondering about that white line under the turntable's right foot? That's a piece of junk mail I folded up to level it.

Yes, I keep the electronics on the floor. That way, I can't knock it over after a few too many!
View attachment 3404

I guess some systems make you want one, and others make you happier with yours. This is probably in the second category!
I'd be afraid I'd knock the tt over in my sleep, then get up to take a leak and crush the tubes on the amp under my foot and bleed everywhere.

How's the Grado treating you?

Wonderfully! It’s broken in really well.

I was telling @AnthonyI somewhere earlier lol. I was worried to begin with tbh, it was a lot quieter and I was having to crank the volume a bit, although it did sound good when I did. After it had broken in the volume off it normalized and was much the same as the ort. The two biggest things I notice are the bass is deeper and high voices/piano are less shrill. I’m a convert to Grado definitely! 8mz next when this has its 1000ish hours on it!

Gotta say after spending time on this thread I'm kinda obsessed with the idea of owning the Klipsch forte III - they look amazing.

What kind of power is needed to get the best out of these and how do they sound overall?

Gotta say after spending time on this thread I'm kinda obsessed with the idea of owning the Klipsch forte III - they look amazing.

What kind of power is needed to get the best out of these and how do they sound overall?
These speakers are pretty widely reviewed, and the general impression is that they have a slightly different and more "modern" sound than the rest of the heritage line. But they apparently still hold to that general sound signature, a little forward and very dynamic.
I haven't personally heard them yet, so I can't say for sure.
Amp use seems to be all over the place, but it seems fairly consistent that you need 20-30 watts to get the most out of them, despite efficiency ratings.
It seems like First Watt amps constantly come into conversation with these amps. F7 or SIT-3 being most common.

I listen to the music I own on a very simple set up, but my ears absolutely love it.
Pioneer PLX1000's both with Nagaoka MP-110H Stylus with Head shell
Allen & Heath Xone:23 mixer
Cambridge Audio CXA60 Amplifier
Cambridge Audio CXC CD Transport
KEF R300 Speakers
Harman Kardon TD212 Cassette Deck(I will be replace this very soonI am not too happy with it)
All cabinets and equipment furniture was made by me.
_DSC0092.JPG_DSC0084.JPG_DSC0093.JPG

Back