Let's See What Makes Your Vinyl Spin!

A) I don’t have this or any connection to it.
B) Between the costs of summer camps for my son with special needs and the plumbing fiasco I just had, plus wanting to save for a new front end on my main system I’m not in a position to get it.
C) Oh man, do I wish A and B didn’t exist. I lust for this.

View attachment 1547
Damn. That's a sexy one. I have a rebuilt Thorens from Vinyl Nirvana and I absolutely love it.

My current setup--I recently moved so will reposition everything eventually when I buy a new shelving unit...

Have a Vinyl Nirvana restored Thorens VN-150 with an Ortofon Bronze. Running through a Rotel RA-1570. I wanted a pretty flexible amp for both vinyl + digital listening and the Rotel works well for it (Bluetooth connectivity, USB input for FLAC). Have KEF R-300 speakers with the Zu Audio Libtec cables.

Next upgrades will be a separate preamp and upgrading the cartridge at some point too. I have a secondary vinyl listening set up in my living room with my older setup (Pro-Ject Essential III with newly purchased KEF 101 reference speakers) but the Thorens is my daily listening setup.

Recent turntable and cartridge upgrades haven landed me here.
Soundsmith Carmen Cartridge, VPI Prime Scout table, SimAudio Moon 110LP v1, Primaluna Prologue Premium Integrated, Focal Chorus 706, Bluesound Node2 streamer. I want to live with this for a while but I have the upgrade itch for the speakers.

Attachments

• Set-up.jpg
    Set-up.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 48
  • Table.jpg
    Table.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 48
  • Cart.jpg
    Cart.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 43
Recent turntable and cartridge upgrades haven landed me here.
Soundsmith Carmen Cartridge, VPI Prime Scout table, SimAudio Moon 110LP v1, Primaluna Prologue Premium Integrated, Focal Chorus 706, Bluesound Node2 streamer. I want to live with this for a while but I have the upgrade itch for the speakers.
Aces!! I've always said that carts and speakers are the biggest itch to scratch even when you think your done, lol. Nice setup my friend ;)

I love threads like this. Gonna go back and look at everything but here's my setup:

I'm kind of obsessed with Thorens, I have a TD-125mkII as well as this TD-124mkI. I have bouncy floors in my office to the 125 is relegated to side duty at the moment but yeah. The 124 is just such a fantastic deck. Prices are bananas on these right now though.

TD124, sme2009 s2, hana sl into rogue audio triton II into parasound hint6 into goldenear triton three+ (just realized I'm running double triton).

I love threads like this. Gonna go back and look at everything but here's my setup:

View attachment 2056

I'm kind of obsessed with Thorens, I have a TD-125mkII as well as this TD-124mkI. I have bouncy floors in my office to the 125 is relegated to side duty at the moment but yeah. The 124 is just such a fantastic deck. Prices are bananas on these right now though.

TD124, sme2009 s2, hana sl into rogue audio triton II into parasound hint6 into goldenear triton three+ (just realized I'm running double triton).
Awesome set up. I'm a huge fan of Thorens as well. Have had my Vinyl Nirvana one for probably 3 or 4 years now and I love the look and the sound of it.

Back