Let's See What Makes Your Vinyl Spin!

How do you like the DWs?
I really like them! They are very lively and open sounding. I finally understand what people mean when they mention depth of soundstage. Bass is solid and weightier than my previous speakers, although that could probably be chalked up to the 10" speaker vs a couple 6 or 7" ones on my last speakers. The downside is that my upstream gear sounds lacking. I'm probably not hearing what the DWs are truly capable of.

Last edited:
Oh f*ck I already have a shrine to your system in my basement. What do I have to add to it now?

Nothing big. Really

I’m adding IsoAcoustics Gaia feet to my VPI Super Prime Scout, replacing my Zu/Denon DL-103Mk2 with a Hana SL and swapping my interconnects our for all

That’s keeping me at bay for a bit. I’m really waiting for a few bugs to get worked out on the Preamps I’m looking at.

I’m really trying to wait for the Lexicon’s to get get a couple things taken care of, but I keep looking at the Trinnov 16 and the Synthesis SDP-75/16. Temptation sucks.

Nothing big. Really

I’m adding IsoAcoustics Gaia feet to my VPI Super Prime Scout, replacing my Zu/Denon DL-103Mk2 with a Hana SL and swapping my interconnects our for all Furutech.

That’s keeping me at bay for a bit. I’m really waiting for a few bugs to get worked out on the Preamps I’m looking at.
I bought those feet for my Concerta2's and then realized there was no way to attach them as the current feet don't allow for it. I contacted Revel and they literally took a pair into their shop and physically ripped the feet out of the speaker and gave me a picture by picture guide as to how they did it. I responded telling them that it was one of the most amazing things I'd seen in terms of customer service and thanked them heartily and then kindly asked them if they thought I was insane and that there was no way in hell I was doing that to my speakers. So... no Gaia feet for me. Debating getting some for the TT though. But they look so clunky under it compared to the nice machined triangular spiked feet I currently have.

I bought those feet for my Concerta2's and then realized there was no way to attach them as the current feet don't allow for it. I contacted Revel and they literally took a pair into their shop and physically ripped the feet out of the speaker and gave me a picture by picture guide as to how they did it. I responded telling them that it was one of the most amazing things I'd seen in terms of customer service and thanked them heartily and then kindly asked them if they thought I was insane and that there was no way in hell I was doing that to my speakers. So... no Gaia feet for me. Debating getting some for the TT though. But they look so clunky under it compared to the nice machined triangular spiked feet I currently have.

This is from Upscale Audio but it shows the Gaia under the same turntable as mine (but mines gray).

9AF88350-C611-40F3-B46A-C9FB6B1BA431.png

I was looking at going with the VPI Classic feet but these seem to be getting better press. That they are a direct drop in with the same threading helps too. Plus Upscale gives a good discount for repeat customers and has a good return policy if I don’t like them.

Last edited:
This is from Upscale Audio but it shows the Gaia under the same turntable as mine (but mines gray).

View attachment 8826

I was looking at going with the VPI Classic feet but these seem to be getting better press. Thank hat they are a direct drop in with the same threading helps too. Plus Upscale gives a good discount for repeat customers and has a good return policy if I don’t like them.
Those look great on your TT, but since mine is a much simpler design I just find they don't match the esthetic very well.

Tweaked mine a little due to the doggo throwing her stuffed dog onto my deck!
Put the deck on the fake Kallax and brought it over closer to the main unit. This resulted in my speakers being further apart which improved sound a little.
So then I thought, wait, now I have room to put my Sub in back. So I did.
After a couple days of tweaking......mmmmm.image.jpgimage.jpg

Think lower, no one in heaven has this much fun.
It's sacreliscious.
Just call me LuciMather.

What did the sub and speakers cost u?
Think I looked at something similiar and they wanted 3,000$+ (AUD) without a sub.. no idea what that sub be worth

DO you dress up like coolio (from C U When You Get There) and play gospel while posing and contemplating the universe? haha Cause you just might be gheebus

What did the sub and speakers cost u?
Think I looked at something similiar and they wanted 3,000$+ (AUD) without a sub.. no idea what that sub be worth

DO you dress up like coolio (from C U When You Get There) and play gospel while posing and contemplating the universe? haha Cause you just might be gheebus

Well I got dealer pricing on all this stuff due to familial connections. My dog Cerberus used to do night shifts at Best Buy before the whole "Guarding the Gates of the Underworld" thing kinda dropped into his lap... So I'm not sure what the standard "mortal" prices are but those are all Revel Concerta 2 speakers. The fronts are F35s, the centre is a C25 and the sub is a B10. Probably about $4000 USD for the bunch of them, not including the rears...

As for dressing up like Coolio, he's my boy... he'll be down here soon enough...

Last edited:
Well I got dealer pricing on all this stuff due to familial connections. My dog Cerberus used to do night shifts at Best Buy before the whole "Guarding the Gates of the Underworld" thing kinda dropped into his lap... So I'm not sure what the standard "mortal" prices are but those are all Revel Concerta 2 speakers. The fronts are F35s, the centre is a C25 and the sub is a B10. Probably about $4000 USD for the bunch of them, not including the rears...

As for dressing up like Coolio, he's my boy... he'll be down here soon enough...

So its 6000$ aud.

Surprisingly the c25 is cheap af the rest are insane haha
At that price range id start insuring my home for sure lol

D8BD70A7-38AA-433B-9824-2C73AAFD9267.jpeg
My main setup is in my Theater room, where I have a small office space in the back. Just updated everything but my Pro-Ject Carbon. Running a pair of Tannoy Revolution XT 8F with a Peachtree nova300. I had a Primaluna integrated in mind, but had to rework the budget, and the Peachtree allows me to save on a DAC and Phono preamp....for now.

I love the new power and dynamics upgrade that this amp/speaker combo gives me. Still breaking in everything, including new cables/interconnects, but I’m having trouble getting to bed at a decent hour because I’m enveloped in great sound. About to upgrade my cart to a Grado Gold and planning to keep my Tidal trial going indefinitely. I may revisit the Primaluna in a couple of years, experiment with Phono stage and upgrade furniture, but for now I’m very happy with my results and love the ease of use with just a couple components.

View attachment 13850
My main setup is in my Theater room, where I have a small office space in the back. Just updated everything but my Pro-Ject Carbon. Running a pair of Tannoy Revolution XT 8F with a Peachtree nova300. I had a Primaluna integrated in mind, but had to rework the budget, and the Peachtree allows me to save on a DAC and Phono preamp....for now.

I love the new power and dynamics upgrade that this amp/speaker combo gives me. Still breaking in everything, including new cables/interconnects, but I’m having trouble getting to bed at a decent hour because I’m enveloped in great sound. About to upgrade my cart to a Grado Gold and planning to keep my Tidal trial going indefinitely. I may revisit the Primaluna in a couple of years, experiment with Phono stage and upgrade furniture, but for now I’m very happy with my results and love the ease of use with just a couple components.
Beautiful..........I'm a little jealous of your space ;)

Back