Let's See What Makes Your Vinyl Spin!

I have a relatively small living room. There are two listening chairs, each off axis. The center spot is taken up by a table. I sit closer to the left speaker.

So to make it that both positions hear the speakers equally instead of more from the closest speaker I have to tow in pretty drastically. This is something I learned with the Zus.

The right speaker is aimed at the left position. The left speaker is aimed at the right position. It actually works. Each position gets good stereo separation.

And the Klipsch manual specifically shows a setup similar to what I have.

It works well though. @AnthonyI has visited a couple of times and didn’t comment that anything sounded “off”.
If you have some spare time on an afternoon, definitely try setting up a center chair sweet spot and doing some listening. I'm often amazed at how holographic the imaging is on these things.

I have a relatively small living room. There are two listening chairs, each off axis. The center spot is taken up by a table. I sit closer to the left speaker.

So to make it that both positions hear the speakers equally instead of more from the closest speaker I have to tow in pretty drastically. This is something I learned with the Zus.

The right speaker is aimed at the left position. The left speaker is aimed at the right position. It actually works. Each position gets good stereo separation.

And the Klipsch manual specifically shows a setup similar to what I have.

It works well though. @AnthonyI has visited a couple of times and didn’t comment that anything sounded “off”.

Interesting… I sit closer to the right speaker. No complaints but I’m going to be getting curious and might need to have a play at some point and get a bit more aggressive.

Lenco PTP4 build. SPH bering, and upgrades, Fidelity Research arm, tiger maple plinth, and AT cartridge.
IMG-2153resize.jpg

Really impressed with the new AT cart so I thought let's tinker with the JBLs.
First order of business, removed the foam covers.
Sounds like new tweeters and mids. Doubt these covers are going back on unless some small children come over or something.

Next decided to toe in just a bit. This goes against the JBL manual but wow this sounds better to me.

Couple of free tweaks but I like the change up.
7aKRmWc.jpeg

Really impressed with the new AT cart so I thought let's tinker with the JBLs.
First order of business, removed the foam covers.
Sounds like new tweeters and mids. Doubt these covers are going back on unless some small children come over or something.

Next decided to toe in just a bit. This goes against the JBL manual but wow this sounds better to me.

Couple of free tweaks but I like the change up.
7aKRmWc.jpeg
Yep same thing I've found. Grills off opens up the treble for sure, and mine are toed in just slightly, maybe an inch. Definitely makes a difference.

Back