Let's See What Makes Your Vinyl Spin!

Great so far! I’m looking forward to a weekend of spinning tunes.

Fun afternoon demo at the dealer and then home to set-up. Took advantage of changing the amp to also fully strip down the rack and clean properly.

The second box is the Hi-Cap DR. It’s a separate power supply that takes over powering the pre-amp element of the Sn3. Adds a nice lift to an already great integrated.

Great so far! I’m looking forward to a weekend of spinning tunes.

Fun afternoon demo at the dealer and then home to set-up. Took advantage of changing the amp to also fully strip down the rack and clean properly.

The second box is the Hi-Cap DR. It’s a separate power supply that takes over powering the pre-amp element of the Sn3. Adds a nice lift to an already great integrated.

Nice! Individual power supplies is one of the biggest advantages of separate pre and power amps so adding that to an integrated is pretty sweet! Does the amp have a decent phono stage that you’re using?

You’ll have to keep us updated as it settles in!

Nice! Individual power supplies is one of the biggest advantages of separate pre and power amps so adding that to an integrated is pretty sweet! Does the amp have a decent phono stage that you’re using?

You’ll have to keep us updated as it settles in!
Yes it’s a great option, not cheap but made enough of a difference to my ears to be worth it. The SN3 can also be set to be just a power amp with a separate Naim pre like the NAC282 so it’s pretty versatile.

It has a mm phono stage which sounded pretty good on the demo, but I use a Lejonklou Slipsik 7 which is made specifically around the Linn Adikt so is a good match for that. I wouldn’t have any issues in using the inbuilt phono if I had to and at least gives me a back-up.

I have run out of space though so really I need to get another shelf, the bluesound node has been relegated to the floor. Poor thing.

Good call. Moved them about four inches forward and the difference is slight but actually noticeable. I need to bring out the tape measure.
First-bounce reflections off the cabinet can definitely muddy things up, so closer to the edge is better.

Also, new addition to the setup, purchased on a mad impulse:

Custom Audio Technica build.

IMG-3983resize.jpg

IMG-3982resize.jpg

IMG-3989.jpg

View attachment 173256
Good advice. BTW, that fucking Bill Evans box set is special.

The only other thing is that maybe, like the bigger Lintons they might like a little bit of toe in. Just experiment, you may prefer them straight but if they’re the same as the bigger brother they’ll like 3 or 4cm toe in so they’re aimed to just pass the side of your head and meet at a point somewhere behind you.

The only other thing is that maybe, like the bigger Lintons they might like a little bit of toe in. Just experiment, you may prefer them straight but if they’re the same as the bigger brother they’ll like 3 or 4cm toe in so they’re aimed to just pass the side of your head and meet at a point somewhere behind you.
I was thinking of toying with this. I’ll start at 2cm.

I kind of want to add subtle marks (maybe with tape) on top of the credenza to notate the sweet spot when I finally find it.

But this set up smokes any system I’ve owned before.

I was thinking of toying with this. I’ll start at 2cm.

I kind of want to add subtle marks (maybe with tape) on top of the credenza to notate the sweet spot when I finally find it.

But this set up smokes any system I’ve owned before.
I’m glad you like it. Some don’t understand how much more enjoyable music can be with a nice system.

Also, you did it right- the system is great as is but you’ve included one anchor/forever component should you ever decide to make changes.

I’m glad you like it. Some don’t understand how much more enjoyable music can be with a nice system.

Also, you did it right- the system is great as is but you’ve included one anchor/forever component should you ever decide to make changes.
This is an exponential jump for me. There were times I toyed with acquiring powered speakers to pair with tables that have internal pre amps to decrease the footprint. Friends have similar set ups.

This set up is detailed, can pack a punch but is laid back enough so as to never caused listening fatigue. I’ve got a backlog of MMJ Blue Notes and vintage van Gelders to test.

Back