Let's See What Makes Your Vinyl Spin!

I was thinking of toying with this. I’ll start at 2cm.

I kind of want to add subtle marks (maybe with tape) on top of the credenza to notate the sweet spot when I finally find it.

But this set up smokes any system I’ve owned before.
It's really helpful if you can have a second person do the toeing in for you, so you don't have to leave your listening position, then return to it and try to figure out whether that cm made a difference.

This is an exponential jump for me. There were times I toyed with acquiring powered speakers to pair with tables that have internal pre amps to decrease the footprint. Friends have similar set ups.

This set up is detailed, can pack a punch but is laid back enough so as to never caused listening fatigue. I’ve got a backlog of MMJ Blue Notes and vintage van Gelders to test.
That system is so much nicer than something with powered speakers. Enjoy!

Give Hotel California (Hell Freezes Over Live Version) a play on the Fortes. A treat even if you hate/are sick of the song.
Give Mannheim Steamroller's Toccata from Fresh Aire III a play, and crank it up. It's been one of my test tracks for decades despite being total dork music.

You'll feel the drums in your chest.

@Slimwhit33 @kvetcha I don’t have either of those. Right now it’s Mark Knopfler “Ragpicker’s Dream”. My jaw is on the floor.

And these aren’t fully broken in I don’t think. They seem to sound a bit better than yesterday.

I’ve been all over the map with these-from EDM to classical. They excel with everything. I can’t imagine ever letting these go.

@Slimwhit33 @kvetcha I don’t have either of those. Right now it’s Mark Knopfler “Ragpicker’s Dream”. My jaw is on the floor.

And these aren’t fully broken in I don’t think. They seem to sound a bit better than yesterday.

I’ve been all over the map with these-from EDM to classical. They excel with everything. I can’t imagine ever letting these go.
Excellent. Now I'll just sit back, wait for the run on Fortes, then pick up a used set of Lintons from one of you.

Last edited:
Proper toe-in for the Fortes, I'd say. I have mine converging behind my head and the phantom center imaging is great.
I had mine toed in so they met right behind my head as well. The pic does make it look like they would be converging well in front of the mid seating position. Fill us in @HiFi Guy .. where are they converging?

I had mine toed in so they met right behind my head as well. The pic does make it look like they would be converging well in front of the mid seating position. Fill us in @HiFi Guy .. where are they converging?
I have a relatively small living room. There are two listening chairs, each off axis. The center spot is taken up by a table. I sit closer to the left speaker.

So to make it that both positions hear the speakers equally instead of more from the closest speaker I have to tow in pretty drastically. This is something I learned with the Zus.

The right speaker is aimed at the left position. The left speaker is aimed at the right position. It actually works. Each position gets good stereo separation.

And the Klipsch manual specifically shows a setup similar to what I have.

It works well though. @AnthonyI has visited a couple of times and didn’t comment that anything sounded “off”.

I have a relatively small living room. There are two listening chairs, each off axis. The center spot is taken up by a table. I sit closer to the left speaker.

So to make it that both positions hear the speakers equally instead of more from the closest speaker I have to tow in pretty drastically. This is something I learned with the Zus.

The right speaker is aimed at the left position. The left speaker is aimed at the right position. It actually works. Each position gets good stereo separation.

It works well though. @AnthonyI has visited a couple of times and didn’t comment that anything sounded “off”.
This makes sense - I thought the same about them converging in front of a central seat. If they sound right then that’s all that matters! Setup is looking 👌🏻

Famous last words. ;)

Makes sense. I do find that both the Fortes and Heresy’s have excellent off axis sound.

I have two seats in my room, one is in the sweet spot and the other one is right of center. I lose a little sitting in the right seat if a leave the speakers with typical toe in. But if I toe in the left speaker to point almost all the way to the right position, it snaps right in place.

I didn’t realize you didn’t stream.. my bad!

Anything Knopfler sounds great. I have his CD Box Set- Albums 2009-2018 and he puts time into production without doubt. Good stuff. Enjoy!

Back