Let's See What Makes Your Vinyl Spin!

Thank you. :)

JVC RS1100 (NP5) to a Stewart StudioTec ST130G4 2.40:1 133” microperf. I wanted to go laser but we use the projector daily, and my dealer pointed out it’s a lot easier and cheaper to replace a bulb than a laser.
Wow very nice. My theatre has the Lego Star Wars wall as well haha, with a few other sci fi movie prop additions. But that rig you've got there, holy hell. Nicely done.

I'm still trying to find a decent mannequin to put my Stormtrooper armor on so it can stand next to my screen. But searching the internet for used mannequins is such a giant rabbit hole stuffed to the brim with nightmare fuel that I need to take several months off every time I do it just to allow the horror to recede.

Last edited:
Wow very nice. My theatre has the Lego Star Wars wall as well haha, with a few other sci fi movie prop additions. But that rig you've got there, holy hell. Nicely done.

I'm still trying to find a decent mannequin to put my Stormtrooper armor on so it can stand next to my screen. But searching the internet for used mannequins is such a giant rabbit hole stuffed to the brim with nightmare fuel that I need to take several months off every time I do it just to allow the horror to recede.
Sounds like that Geico commercial where the guy walks up to the attic in his new home and encounters all those creepy busts, throws his hands up and says nope as he retreats as fast as possible.

Well, here’s hoping you get Kim Cattrall and not Chucky.

B37911C3-F2C1-4561-879D-3ABDE2717862.jpeg

I’d be afraid of what that search term would do to my algorithms. Like, what ads are you seeing these days?

Well damn! When's the next N&G get together at your place ;)

I'm a local to him. Let's make it happen! I'm always down to geek out over Hi-Fi, audiophile and Star Wars stuff. If he'd have us. We could all go and check out the new VMP pressing plant too.

I’m in Denver and sound like I could be a neighbor. I’m happy to share my cave too.

I'd totally be down if we could get the Denver area folk together. Not like anything is that far away in the metro area either. I have lots of musical blinders on when it comes to other genres outside of my wheelhouse so being exposed to new stuff would be great too.

That could be fun. I’d have to figure a time when the wife are out of the house, they’re kinda introverts.

I live in the hinterland of DTC.
Plan it around a record show in Denver and this Salt Lake City chap would make the trip!

Taking the new Luxman PD-151 for a test spin. Loaded the Nagaoka since it was in the headshell already. After over two hours of set-up, not missing the Hana ML on the Traveler on the first spins.

View attachment 170024
The PD-151 Mk2 is proving to be a stunner sonically; Stereophile pegged it at "Class A" in the April issue. I've moved to the Hana ML and performance has crept up. I see that Unisound is selling a used 100v Mk1 now for $3000 on eBay; it was $3500 a few weeks ago. For that price, I would have purchased it (with dust cover included) instead of going on my Yahoo! Japan / Buyee bidding journey.

I paused for a long while, not wanting to get a 100v unit. Instead, I waited on a 120v (US) version. But with a rock-bottom price and a reputable seller, I took the plunge on the 100v Mk2 and have no regrets. I purchased a $38 Nissyo transformer for it and it has been nearly flawless.

If you have considered buying a 100v turntable, I can say my experience has been very positive and worthwhile to save a bundle off list price. As with anything, YMMV.

Plan it around a record show in Denver and this Salt Lake City chap would make the trip!
I was definitely thinking about that as an idea. Luckily there's now a record show, that I think happens quarterly, at the Sports Castle (old sports authority store) downtown. Tons of restaurants and breweries/bars around we could go to after. It's sponsored by VMP too. There's also a couple great record shops in the vacinity.

Last edited:
Nakaoka MP-300 for now. Maybe a MC cart in the future like Dynavector 10X5 or Hana M, but I am tapped out on funds for awhile.
View attachment 171118
I ❤️ the sound of the MP-300 on my new Luxman PD-151. The turntable made it sound like a wholly better cartridge! I hope you have that experience, too, using the 1200G.

I have the Hana ML on there right now, but the MP-300 gives it a run for the money!

I ❤️ the sound of the MP-300 on my new Luxman PD-151. The turntable made it sound like a wholly better cartridge! I hope you have that experience, too, using the 1200G.

I have the Hana ML on there right now, but the MP-300 gives it a run for the money!
As an addendum, I noted in the phono cartridges thread that I could likely live happily with the MP-500 stylus upgrade versus the Hana ML.

If you like the MP-300 on the 1200G, I’d recommend considering the stylus upgrade versus the extra grand for the Hana ML/MH. I’d likely go that route if I didn’t already own the ML.

As an addendum, I noted in the phono cartridges thread that I could likely live happily with the MP-500 stylus upgrade versus the Hana ML.

If you like the MP-300 on the 1200G, I’d recommend considering the stylus upgrade versus the extra grand for the Hana ML/MH. I’d likely go that route if I didn’t already own the ML.
I've had the MP-300 for a bit and replacing the stylus from the MP-500 has been on my radar. Glad to hear you recommend.

Got everything dialed in for the night and spinning Miles. First impressions is pretty much just wow...massive upgrade over the Rega P3.
miles.jpg

Back