Let's See What Makes Your Vinyl Spin!

Great table Tricky! Is that Ider wheel design btw ? Bill does great work.

While were spreading some vintage Dual love I posted a photo of mine spinning 45's in another thread

38976590232_3b6b186eb4_b.jpg
Yup idler wheel. That 1019 is gorgeous!

Sweet! I love my Dual :D. How did it work out logistically? I assume you sent the table to Fix My Dual with basic instructions to do what had to be done? How long did it take? And did you find the pricing reasonable? I only ask because there will come a day when I'm going to have to service my 1219, and I have a couple of local options but I might prefer to go with "Dual experts." Thanks. And congrats!

EDIT: Just checked out their site and it looks like their basic service is very reasonably priced. Still curious about logistics.
Super easy logistically. I called Bill and he sent me a list of packing supplies to get. Then he walked me through disassembly and packing over the phone. He told me it would be about 2 months when I sent it but he got it done in a month. That all depends on how busy he is.

In terms of the service, I really just deferred to his expertise. I knew the table needed cleaning and lubrication but he checks everything. If something isn't working, he has all the parts to fix since he only does Duals. You pay for any parts needed but he'll email you first on that. He replaced my headshell with a newer, better one for example.

For price, totally reasonable. The basic service covers a lot of things and his cost for the headshell was completely in line with what I'd expect. I had someone locally look at this years ago. That guy charged $150 and didn't fix a thing. This was about the same for the service, plus shipping and parts. In my mind completely reasonable.

Yup idler wheel. That 1019 is gorgeous!

Super easy logistically. I called Bill and he sent me a list of packing supplies to get. Then he walked me through disassembly and packing over the phone. He told me it would be about 2 months when I sent it but he got it done in a month. That all depends on how busy he is.

In terms of the service, I really just deferred to his expertise. I knew the table needed cleaning and lubrication but he checks everything. If something isn't working, he has all the parts to fix since he only does Duals. You pay for any parts needed but he'll email you first on that. He replaced my headshell with a newer, better one for example.

For price, totally reasonable. The basic service covers a lot of things and his cost for the headshell was completely in line with what I'd expect. I had someone locally look at this years ago. That guy charged $150 and didn't fix a thing. This was about the same for the service, plus shipping and parts. In my mind completely reasonable.
That sounds great. Thanks so much for the additional detail. Enjoy your Dual! I've lost count of the number of tables I've 'replaced' my Dual with, only to eventually move them right back out of the system and return the 1219 to its rightful place.

That sounds great. Thanks so much for the additional detail. Enjoy your Dual! I've lost count of the number of tables I've 'replaced' my Dual with, only to eventually move them right back out of the system and return the 1219 to its rightful place.
Absolutely. Feel free to message me with any other questions.

Also, I have to give a big thank you to @HiFi Guy for putting Fix My Dual on my radar a few years ago.

4EF74A4D-78A7-44E3-9434-716078A31D3E.jpeg

And, we’re back. Probably need to dial in my cartridge weight as I had to use my wife’s coffee scales, but I have sound. Had to chase out some hum (my right ear doesn’t like me now!) and I put the turntable into the MC inputs twice, but it’s alive! Chromecast also added for the modern stuff.

Next step: order the Lintons.

the woofer irritates me by the way , its that damn spot

edit:

can you please remove the woofer and take a picture ?
I know, I had to accept the fact that it's just gotta look like this. There is no other way to move things around. If I was to flip it to the outside the speakers would get in the way of the screen. Also it would kill some of my sound stage. And I don't want to raise the screen. So it's gotta stay there...

I know, I had to accept the fact that it's just gotta look like this. There is no other way to move things around. If I was to flip it to the outside the speakers would get in the way of the screen. Also it would kill some of my sound stage. And I don't want to raise the screen. So it's gotta stay there...

Maybe a second, even if it’s not plugged in, just for symmetry’s sake 😂

View attachment 116860
View attachment 116859
I probably put the orange grilles on a little late in the season since Halloween has already passed. But I think the late leaf fall here kinda triggered the change...
I would also add that yes, I do realize that jamming both of these speakers in the corner like that is pretty much the worst possible placement for them. But again, no choice but also my room correction suite fixes most of those issues thankfully.. But I wish there was more space for them...

Back