Let's See What Makes Your Vinyl Spin!

Very nice!! I'm seriously considering putting feet on my system rack and Kallax, our basement flooded once and just the vague thought of that happening again makes me sick to my stomach.

They were on the floor for so long that when I finally did it, it was so nice to not have to bend over to put on a record. Also adding backings to them really help stabilize them and cut down on the dust.

I wish I'd had the presence of mind to redo the basement floors before we moved in and got cozy. It would be too much of a PITA at this point.

We have carpet in the bedrooms and we’ve talked about taking it out but we also know the pain in doing so.

I would looooooove to own rugs but my wife’s dog will piss all over them. We had a cool green shag from IKEA and one day my wife lifted one of the corners and there were stains all over it. When that dog’s time has come, I’m buying rugs.

This "no rugs" concept is crazy to me!
I do get taming down the number of rugs. I think we go a little too far with them (none on the walls yet, lol). My fiance loves rugs and we have at least 3 that she purchased with no plan of where they would go. When she sees a rug she likes, she gets it. Financially it's almost as bad as audio gear honestly, lol.
But even when I lived alone I still needed a few rugs... specifically for sound dampening. And not in the sense of my stereo needs, but because rooms feel cavernous and echo without them. They do tame down sounds throughout the house and warm things up a bit. I think the living room almost always needs one unless the living room happens to be carpet. And even then it still makes sense sometimes.

But back to the audio focus. If you have hardwood, and especially if you have concrete flooring, just try a large rug in your listening space. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the results.

Back