Let's See What Makes Your Vinyl Spin!

I didnt know thy played that show without a PA system! That explains a lot. Was that the norm back then, and Beatles fans were just on another level of scream?

A bit of both. If you watch any footage of the show, they had no fold back monitors. Ringo was on a riser but couldn’t see any visual cues as to what the other three were actually playing- and yet he kept the beat.

There was no adequate gear for a show like that because it had never been done. The gear didn’t exist. The Beatles were the first.

Add to that the fact that the fans screamed as loud as a jet engine- that must have been a challenging show to play.

Everything looks fantastic! I've been looking for a CD storage solution and these rotating units look pretty nice and would take up less space, I'll have to look into them. ;)

Here’s the before and after - only way I could keep them was to de birch them! Bit of a decoupage project with the wife - saved them from the scrap heap as they hold loads of CDs - got another in the cupboard to do next

56574608-ACC2-4C65-80B1-2C2D5B9A7E89.jpegE4CCA3A3-71CB-431A-ABA6-A5AFEB58A95F.jpeg

Finally merged our record collections, got everything cataloged under one discogs account, and set up the stereo in the new space.
Still need to unpack CDs and get some artwork on the walls, but after 6 months of having things in boxes it's nice to have it set up again.

It's insane how different the gear sounds in the new room as well. A room change might as well have been a whole new rack change.
1598419530539.png

Finally merged our record collections, got everything cataloged under one discogs account, and set up the stereo in the new space.
Still need to unpack CDs and get some artwork on the walls, but after 6 months of having things in boxes it's nice to have it set up again.

It's insane how different the gear sounds in the new room as well. A room change might as well have been a whole new rack change.
View attachment 63081

It cannot be overstated how much room acoustics make a difference.

edit: I accidentally a word

Last edited:
Decided to rearrange the living room for the first time in 8 years. We don’t have a dedicated listening room and I think the way I set this up, it suits our space better. Equipment wise everything is the same except the speakers. The other half of the records are in the bedroom 🤪

29980067-066E-4AB0-8CE7-7F7C26A8E6AF.jpeg

Last edited:
Decided to rearrange the living room for the first time in 8 years. We don’t have a dedicated listening room and I think the way o set this up, suits our space better. Equipment wise everything is the same except the speakers. The other half of the records are in the bedroom 🤪

View attachment 63125
Very nice!! I'm seriously considering putting feet on my system rack and Kallax, our basement flooded once and just the vague thought of that happening again makes me sick to my stomach.

I’m jealous of your lovely setups! I’m stuck in a townhome basement with the ugliest Berber carpet on the planet.

I can’t take credit for the flooring or the house for that matter, because my wife already purchased those things before she met me. 😊

Back