Let's See What Makes Your Vinyl Spin!

Just to blow your minds even more, what about one of our plugs that, wait for it, have a fuse inside them 😂

3D53AAE4-1B89-4E77-9013-96314355D860.jpeg

In all seriousness though the immediate thing I notice is that my tube amps no longer hum. Don’t get me wrong there wasn’t a hum from them through the speakers but they actually physically hummed, that appears to have all gone now!

I also have a pair of linear power supplies on the way. An sbooster ultra12v, for the phono stage, and a bespoke one from a uk company, mcru, for my turntable. I bought a Pangea cable to feed the conditioner too. I might be bored, broke and stuck at home but by the end of this isolation I’ll have a fantastic sounding system 😂

Last edited:
I also have a pair of linear power supplies on the way. An sbooster ultra12v, for the phono stage, and a bespoke one from a uk company, mcru, for my turntable. I bought at Pangea cable to feed the conditioner too. I might be bored, broke and stuck at home but by the end of this isolation I’ll have a fantastic sounding system 😂
Don’t worry Joe - we’re all in this boat together. We will go down in a blaze of audio glory. Destitute but with a rousing rendition of Telegraph Road played to see us out.

This may be a dumb question and I've seen your system enough times, but is that the actual front of your tube amps, or the side?
Mastersound used to do several of their amps with the transformers on the side like that as well. Once you remove all the power switches from the front it does look a little odd compared to most tube amp layouts with the transformers in the back.

Mastersound used to do several of their amps with the transformers on the side like that as well. Once you remove all the power switches from the front it does look a little odd compared to most tube amp layouts with the transformers in the back.

I think as well because it is a power amp there is no need for any dials/switches so it makes it much cleaner to just have the power switch on the side or, like mine, the back.

it’s the reissue from 2015, which appears to be standard worldwide. I bought it in a shop in Dublin at any rate. This is the one:

Is it a quality pressing? This would complete my top-three EC LPs, as I have my dad's original copies of This Years Model and Trust. I recall he had Armed Forces on cassette for some reason, probably automobile related.

Is it a quality pressing? This would complete my top-three EC LPs, as I have my dad's original copies of This Years Model and Trust. I recall he had Armed Forces on cassette for some reason, probably automobile related.

Its not a Mofi or an AP by any stretch but I’m really happy with it, it’s a good solid pressing.

I need to get a UK/re-release pressing of This Year's Model. The US track listing is a bummer.

I got one of those too from that same reissue campaign and it sounds really good too so there are definitely plenty of copies out there!

I got one of those too from that same reissue campaign and it sounds really good too so there are definitely plenty of copies out there!

Did I tell you I received the Kurt Vile record? I received the Kurt Vile record. Thanks again. :)

Recently purchased a used Linear Tube Audio MZ2 preamp (rest of system in my sig). It has 2 sets of tubes and can function as a .5 watt speaker amplifier as well (it actually gets really loud). I listed my impressions in the Totally Tubular thread. I think my system is in a great state overall. There is only one glaring weakness - my tv stand. It held our super heavy plasma tv for years, thus the bowing. It's been
reinforced, so its actually stable despite all the non 90 degree angles.

20200406_144319.jpg20200406_144327.jpg20200406_145317.jpg20200412_112726.jpg

Recently purchased a used Linear Tube Audio MZ2 preamp (rest of system in my sig). It has 2 sets of tubes and can function as a .5 watt speaker amplifier as well (it actually gets really loud). I listed my impressions in the Totally Tubular thread. I think my system is in a great state overall. There is only one glaring weakness - my tv stand. It held our super heavy plasma tv for years, thus the bowing. It's been
reinforced, so its actually stable despite all the non 90 degree angles.

View attachment 41067View attachment 41068View attachment 41069View attachment 41070
If that's the microZOTL on the lower left shelf, then a macroZotl must be gigantic.

Back