Let's See What Makes Your Vinyl Spin!

How are you finding the Nagaoka with the P3?
Was looking at the map 150 or 200 once my Exact goes.😎

I think its a perfect match. Thing tracks great and has amazing attack. I keep going up the line...started with the MP-110 then MP-150 to MP-200. I really enjoy the nagaoka sound. I tried out the latest Grado carts and found I enjoyed this a lot more. This is about as far as I wanted to go on this turntable.

I think its a perfect match. Thing tracks great and has amazing attack. I keep going up the line...started with the MP-110 then MP-150 to MP-200. I really enjoy the nagaoka sound. I tried out the latest Grado carts and found I enjoyed this a lot more. This is about as far as I wanted to go on this turntable.
Cool.
Did you have to shim it up? Or does it fit without messing around with the arm?
I noticed the different counterweight too. Nice. Have you upgraded many bits?
Love the P3 and originally had the plan to get the psu, aluminium sub platter, delrin platter but now I think I'll just upgrade to a P6 or Mofi.

Good thing about this social distancing..my wife has nothing to spend her money on ..so I get the occasional hint derived present ..

Shall set this up later ...

View attachment 43882

So played three albums so far ..and this has actually made a difference..honestly ..even Mrs N has commented..better separation , more space, clearer bass..and looks quite cool too

31634159-5330-4132-B798-8C2B552A625D.jpeg

So played three albums so far ..and this has actually made a difference..honestly ..even Mrs N has commented..better separation , more space, clearer bass..and looks quite cool too

View attachment 44349

I’m not surprised it made a difference, with you having your speakers on the same surface as your turntable the isolation platform should definitely help with stopping speaker vibrations feeding back through the turntable!

I’m not surprised it made a difference, with you having your speakers on the same surface as your turntable the isolation platform should definitely help with stopping speaker vibrations feeding back through the turntable!

Yep ..speaker stands not an option with three cats ..so been eyeing up something like this ..was in a sale too so wife treated me for doing three nights with no sleep watching the cat !

Next upgrade might be the Pro Ject tube thingy that’s a bridge between the deck and the amp

Yep ..speaker stands not an option with three cats ..so been eyeing up something like this ..was in a sale too so wife treated me for doing three nights with no sleep watching the cat !

Next upgrade might be the Pro Ject tube thingy that’s a bridge between the deck and the amp

Ah stand alone phono stages make a huge difference, I was shocked when I got mine, definitely the most underrated piece of kit in a system! Check in the equipment recommendation thread with a budget when you’re looking into it because there are a few great options knocking around!

Ah stand alone phono stages make a huge difference, I was shocked when I got mine, definitely the most underrated piece of kit in a system! Check in the equipment recommendation thread with a budget when you’re looking into it because there are a few great options knocking around!

Will do thanks for the tip!

IMG_9841.jpg
Finally got around to building some new record shelves. 3/4" baltic birch ply, finished with 9 coats of natural shellac, polished back to a satin finish. Took a while, but it's an improvement over the Kallax I had before that was slowly bowing into oblivion from the weight of records.

I live in a one bedroom apartment with two other human beings and a dog, two of which are little, so compromises have been made for survival of all. Also cost, because 4 living beings in a one bedroom apartment. That said, the secondary surround system is paired with a motorized projector screen that bridges the gap between the wall mounted KLH 17s, which I rebuilt, recovered, and otherwise restored. I think they pair really nicely with the rebuilt Pioneer SX1010 to which they are connected. Turntable is a Sony PS-X55s, which is from an era when Sony built some wild, wacky, but awesome turntables, with a Cambridge Audio 640p phono amp in between. Lots of room for improvement, but still satisfying and enjoyable.

Do I need dual matched subwoofers in a 1 bedroom urban apartment?

The answer is no. But it is fuckin' dope nonetheless. Also, I got the second sub at a reuse warehouse for $10, so, I had to. Even my partner said they understood. #blessed

I feel bad for your neighbors.

No vinyl playing down here (yet), but I reorganized my basement, which stores all my homebrewing gear, as well as some household stuff and decor without a home. I repurposed my old Marantz AVR (previously my primary system amp) with Spotify Connect, connected to a pair of 25 year old B&W DM602 bookshelf speakers I picked up used, and set them up in here as well. This "system" is pure fun. I have no expectations, no critical listening, just a volume knob to turn up and up. 20200517_214538.jpg

Back