Let's See What Makes Your Vinyl Spin!

Thanks. It’s just about where I want it to be. I have the power conditioner and few other bits arriving over the next week or so and hopefullly in the next few years I can get some new speakers. After that fingers crossed I can just be content with what I have...
Fingers crossed! But there'll always be something to tweak :)

Do your speakers benefit at all from having any more room away from the unit on the insides? How about toe-in slightly?

Fingers crossed! But there'll always be something to tweak :)

Do your speakers benefit at all from having any more room away from the unit on the insides? How about toe-in slightly?

There is no room, I’m at my max! There is a radiator outside the Kallax and wine rack on the right and the one the left is as far as it can go without the door to the balcony hitting it when it opens! I’ve played around with toe in and I prefer them the way they are tbh.

There is no room, I’m at my max! There is a radiator outside the Kallax and wine rack on the right and the one the left is as far as it can go without the door to the balcony hitting it when it opens! I’ve played around with toe in and I prefer them the way they are tbh.
Cool - that's good to know. The hifi rack looks great btw. Very slick.

I had the PMC twenty5.21 on demo over the past week, but decided they were too bright for me (the wife agreed), and they lacked the clout / richness of the much cheaper Q Acoustic 3050 I have (under 1/4 of the price in fact), so they went back yesterday! Bit of a shame, but that's the point of being able to return them at cost of postage after all.

So...now I have money burning a hole in my pocket. Never a good thing.

Cool - that's good to know. The hifi rack looks great btw. Very slick.

I had the PMC twenty5.21 on demo over the past week, but decided they were too bright for me (the wife agreed), and they lacked the clout / richness of the much cheaper Q Acoustic 3050 I have (under 1/4 of the price in fact), so they went back yesterday! Bit of a shame, but that's the point of being able to return them at cost of postage after all.

So...now I have money burning a hole in my pocket. Never a good thing.

Yeah it’s from a company called blok over there in England. I fell in love when I saw it, long before I had a turntable. The great thing is that it’s self assembly with 4 long thin screws down the sides. When I got the tube amps last year I rang them up and was able to buy two levels and longer screws and make it bigger, some 7 years after I’d originally bought it!

The Q Concept 500 are my speaker goal so I’m trying to be good and patient and save up for them rather than settling, even if it means my amp is hugely outclassing my trusty old tannoy speakers!

Last edited:
Yeah it’s from a company called blok over there in England. I fell in love when I saw it, long before I had a turntable. The great thing is that it’s self assembly with 4 long thin screws down the sides. When I got the tube amps last year I rang them up and was able to buy two levels and longer screws and make it bigger, some 7 years after I’d originally bought it!

The Q Concept 500 are my speaker goal so I’m trying to be good and patient and save up for them rather than settling, even if it means my amp is hugely outclassing my trusty old tannoy speakers!
Good goal to have, and not mega expensive either so that’s good! I’ve not heard them, but I do like my 3050s and I know @Ed Selley gave them a good review on avforums (worth reading if you’ve not done so) so potentially one I might try and look out and demo once lockdown is done.

Good goal to have, and not mega expensive either so that’s good! I’ve not heard them, but I do like my 3050s and I know @Ed Selley gave them a good review on avforums (worth reading if you’ve not done so) so potentially one I might try and look out and demo once lockdown is done.

Yeah, Ed’s review originally piqued my interest in them. The fact price has fallen in the last year (they were €4500 on release and a store near me has them for €3600 now) and hopefully that’s a trend. I think the gloss white/oak finish would suit the asthetic that I’ve got going on in the apartment too!

Last edited:
Thanks. It’s just about where I want it to be. I have the power conditioner and few other bits arriving over the next week or so and hopefullly in the next few years I can get some new speakers. After that fingers crossed I can just be content with what I have...

I Always love your Amps . Which power conditioner did you get?

Did a swap around of my tele and my system today because isolation has sent me that nuts...

Im happy with it, the centre of the tele is nearer my seating position, the speakers are in the exact same position and I have better access to the back of the system (don’t need to move the Kallax).

View attachment 40167
Nice tubes .
Need to get some of those

So, I’ve got it up and running. There’s sound, but I’ve definitely not got the arm set up correctly. Might need to do some tinkering - I’ll move that over onto the general equipment thread. It’s also bloody heavy - 22kg. My record stand is one of those free standing floating cabinets, and I’m definitely worried about it...

Spotted your post and id be worried about the floating cabinets too 😊
I had one and eventually ditched it after one too mamy attempts at securing it. Once the wall plug has weakened it just needs refitting. But lets face it they are not meant for much weight !

Looks awesome @Joe Mac. I have to ask, you're in Ireland but you have what appears to be a US version of Armed Forces, what gives?

it’s the reissue from 2015, which appears to be standard worldwide. I bought it in a shop in Dublin at any rate. This is the one:

Spotted your post and id be worried about the floating cabinets too 😊
I had one and eventually ditched it after one too mamy attempts at securing it. Once the wall plug has weakened it just needs refitting. But lets face it they are not meant for much weight !
Oh, it's worse - the cabinet isn't wall secured, it's one of those mid-century modern ladder cabinets. The support bars are already struggling a bit with the current setup, so there is no way a 22KG turntable is going to work on it! Think I'm going to have to investigate another solution...

Oh, it's worse - the cabinet isn't wall secured, it's one of those mid-century modern ladder cabinets. The support bars are already struggling a bit with the current setup, so there is no way a 22KG turntable is going to work on it! Think I'm going to have to investigate another solution...

I like the weight of that machine tho !
It screams “built to last”

Back