Let’s talk Lego!

Also, not trying to feed into FOMO. But we have a Lego store near us and the super cool employee there was adamant about ordering your holiday sets in the next couple weeks. He seemed certain that Lego will be running into both supply and shipping issues this holiday season beyond those that they’re used to dealing with.

E6B9D751-4B90-4E39-AB9B-18299A6B45BB.jpeg

I’ve also gifted a few architectural sets to my sister which have since gone out of production and skyrocketed in value
🚀

Probably going to put a couple of the Star Wars sets on my Christmas list this year too

Just got these in the mail today ❤️

View attachment 112354
I've heard really good things about that AT-AT! I was big on Lego Star Wars as a kid, but thats one I never had as a kid. Really wish I got the 2007 motorized one when it was available, but oh well. Only thing keeping me from making this my next lego purchase is the fact that a UCS AT-AT has been confirmed for next year.

So I was an avid Lego Star Wars collector from the time I started getting Lego as gifts at age 4 (Same year they started making Lego Star Wars sets I believe) all till high school where I found a buyer for my collection on craigslist, and sold it for what I thought at the time was good money. Of course all those sets have hyper-inflated in the past decade. Look at how much JUST THE BOBA FETT CLOUD CITY minifig is worth. And keep in mind that set had an exclusive Luke and Leia as well.
BrickLink - Minifigure sw0107 : LEGO Boba Fett (Cloud City - Printed Arms & Legs) [Star Wars:Star Wars Episode 4/5/6] - BrickLink Reference Catalog{%22iconly%22:0}

So I was an avid Lego Star Wars collector from the time I started getting Lego as gifts at age 4 (Same year they started making Lego Star Wars sets I believe) all till high school where I found a buyer for my collection on craigslist, and sold it for what I thought at the time was good money. Of course all those sets have hyper-inflated in the past decade. Look at how much JUST THE BOBA FETT CLOUD CITY minifig is worth. And keep in mind that set had an exclusive Luke and Leia as well.
BrickLink - Minifigure sw0107 : LEGO Boba Fett (Cloud City - Printed Arms & Legs) [Star Wars:Star Wars Episode 4/5/6] - BrickLink Reference Catalog{%22iconly%22:0}
Holy cow! That’s amazing. I remember when that set was announced, man I was disappointed in the actual set, so I didn’t buy it.

Holy cow! That’s amazing. I remember when that set was announced, man I was disappointed in the actual set, so I didn’t buy it.
Not sure if you're talking about what I'm referring to, or the 2018 remake.

This is the original with the uber expensive minifigs I regret selling
1631847924441.png

And this is the remake

1631847957562.png

Both cool sets for their time! (Though the 2018 one was overpriced IMO)

I've heard really good things about that AT-AT! I was big on Lego Star Wars as a kid, but thats one I never had as a kid. Really wish I got the 2007 motorized one when it was available, but oh well. Only thing keeping me from making this my next lego purchase is the fact that a UCS AT-AT has been confirmed for next year.
The AT-AT is actually my kiddo’s, he’s 7 and he saved his allowance for almost a year to get it! He didn’t spend any of his allowance at the candy store or anything because he was saving for this particular lego. I was so proud of him that once he reached his goal I went in half with him. He was so stoked.

Not sure if you're talking about what I'm referring to, or the 2018 remake.

This is the original with the uber expensive minifigs I regret selling
View attachment 112396

And this is the remake

View attachment 112398

Both cool sets for their time! (Though the 2018 one was overpriced IMO)
Oh, yeah, i was referring to the last one. I forgot there was one previously.

We just got these storage solutions in from Amazon. Being relatively space limited and wanting a presentable home while also wanting the kids to have their Lego time is a challenge but I feel this is a great solution.

9D28A174-E54B-46F6-9CD4-AD77827523F6.jpeg
AEF6D235-3770-4382-B2FE-974BCE406F5D.jpeg

Back