Klipsch Speakers Thread

Scroll down and there’s an interesting article about Advent speakers. I bought a used mint pair of Large Advents from the then service manager at Conrad Johnson, which wasn’t far up the street from the shop I managed. The “gang” used to get together every Friday for lunch.

To this day, they are the only speakers I regret selling. The Lintons remind me of them, or at least my memory of what they sounded like.
I NEVER heard Billie Holiday sound better than on a Conrad Johnson tube system!

Hi all. Been away for a bit. Lost my mother in law at the end of June so everything audio related just kinda froze. Got around to dropping the Spendors off at my dealer today, so the Fortes are back in the room for the time being.

Such different speakers but no idea if I can really choose which I like better. Listening to The Cranberries on the 1210GR with the ART9XI into the Fortes is just awesome. Awesome. 8BB411AA-FE35-4128-944A-275F97A3CA86.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi all. Been away for a bit. Lost my mother in law at the end of June so everything audio related just kinda froze. Got around to dropping the Spendors off at my dealer today, so the Fortes are back in the room for the time being.

Such different speakers but no idea if I can really choose which I like better. Listening to The Cranberries on the 1210GR with the ART9XI into the Fortes is just awesome. Awesome. View attachment 148109
Good to see you back. If you stay in this small room the Spendor may indeed be the best choice eventually for nearfield listening, but if you can give the Forte a little room to breath in the future I think they are the more musical speaker.

I do love the look of the grill on the IV's compared to my old III’s. Sharp. View attachment 163045
I've really wanted to get new grilles made for my F2s, because I love the look of the lambswool on the F4s so much. But at least when I called to check, the manufacturer was having trouble even keeping up with the official Klipsch orders and did not have time to make them by request.

I've really wanted to get new grilles made for my F2s, because I love the look of the lambswool on the F4s so much. But at least when I called to check, the manufacturer was having trouble even keeping up with the official Klipsch orders and did not have time to make them by request.

The lambswool look is so classic.. and looks great on the Fortes with all that grill real estate. That would be a cool change for sure.

I've spent quite a bit of time at my dealer A/B'ing the Forte IV's and they were AWESOME! Just too big for my room.. i really thought I was going to go on a tour of bookshelf speakers over the next few years after getting rid of the Forte's.. that was the plan.. but honestly I missed the Klipsch sound more than I expected in that couple months so I pretty quickly pivoted back to the Heresy IV's.

Quick comment 10-12 hrs in on the H4’s in my space… Bass on the H4’s is quite different than I remember the H3’s being (there’s much more of it) , and just as different from my Forte 3’s (seemingly tighter). The Fortes were just to big for the space.

Last edited:
Quick comment 10-12 hrs in on the H4’s in my space… Bass on the H4’s is quite different than I remember the H3’s being (there’s much more of it) , and just as different from my Forte 3’s (seemingly tighter). The Fortes were just to big for the space.
H4s are ported! They got almost 10hz of extra bass extension over all the previous Heresys.

I haven’t updated in a lot longer than I thought…. that was a quick 3+ months!

I’m around 200 hrs on the H4’s. Seems like many recommend 500 hrs break in, and truthfully in my little room they don’t get pushed so could be longer I suppose,

The journey has been pretty consistent in its inconsistency.

One day/week I love them and everything I listen to on them blows me away. “Best speaker ever!”

Then I hate them for days and don’t listen. Most of the issues seem to be around the bass, which at times hits right where I feel it should, and others it sounds a bit “thin” or even “fat”, for lack of better terms. All over the place seemingly.

It’s been quite maddening if I’m being honest. Lol.

I’ve got about 6-8 weeks before the Sourcepoint 8’s hit the street, and I’m going to compare them to the H4’s in my room. Until then, the H4 journey will continue on!

Back