Klipsch Speakers Thread

I haven’t updated in a lot longer than I thought…. that was a quick 3+ months!

I’m around 200 hrs on the H4’s. Seems like many recommend 500 hrs break in, and truthfully in my little room they don’t get pushed so could be longer I suppose,

The journey has been pretty consistent in its inconsistency.

One day/week I love them and everything I listen to on them blows me away. “Best speaker ever!”

Then I hate them for days and don’t listen. Most of the issues seem to be around the bass, which at times hits right where I feel it should, and others it sounds a bit “thin” or even “fat”, for lack of better terms. All over the place seemingly.

It’s been quite maddening if I’m being honest. Lol.

I’ve got about 6-8 weeks before the Sourcepoint 8’s hit the street, and I’m going to compare them to the H4’s in my room. Until then, the H4 journey will continue on!
I nearly had myself talked into Sourcepoint 10s. A deep dive on research has me kicking them to the curb.

Not many pictures show the tops of the cabinets. I saw someone say the veneer on the top is perpendicular to the rest. Looking at the Steve Huff video, it’s true.

Look at your Heresy’s. The veneer on the top follows the sides- so the wood grain runs side to side on the top. The sides have the veneer running vertically. This is like any other speaker.

Except the SourcePoint 10. The side veneer runs vertically- normal. But the top runs front to rear- 90 degrees from normal. That would drive me crazy. A bit of research saved me the hassle of a return.

I haven’t updated in a lot longer than I thought…. that was a quick 3+ months!

I’m around 200 hrs on the H4’s. Seems like many recommend 500 hrs break in, and truthfully in my little room they don’t get pushed so could be longer I suppose,

The journey has been pretty consistent in its inconsistency.

One day/week I love them and everything I listen to on them blows me away. “Best speaker ever!”

Then I hate them for days and don’t listen. Most of the issues seem to be around the bass, which at times hits right where I feel it should, and others it sounds a bit “thin” or even “fat”, for lack of better terms. All over the place seemingly.

It’s been quite maddening if I’m being honest. Lol.

I’ve got about 6-8 weeks before the Sourcepoint 8’s hit the street, and I’m going to compare them to the H4’s in my room. Until then, the H4 journey will continue on!

You’ll have to try some Tannoy speakers at some point in your speaker journey too!

I nearly had myself talked into Sourcepoint 10s. A deep dive on research has me kicking them to the curb.

Not many pictures show the tops of the cabinets. I saw someone say the veneer on the top is perpendicular to the rest. Looking at the Steve Huff video, it’s true.

Look at your Heresy’s. The veneer on the top follows the sides- so the wood grain runs side to side on the top. The sides have the veneer running vertically. This is like any other speaker.

Except the SourcePoint 10. The side veneer runs vertically- normal. But the top runs front to rear- 90 degrees from normal. That would drive me crazy. A bit of research saved me the hassle of a return.
I think I could deal with it if they sound as good as I've heard.

I’ve seen other complaints about that and it doesn’t concern me one bit. They aren’t the only speaker to do that and won’t be the last. They look great to me. They aren’t a box, which I understand may have contributed to the choice. They are tapered at the back.

If they sound as good as some seem to indicate, I wouldn’t concern myself with wood grain that I ain’t gonna see while listening.

it’s also not different than all of the rest of the veneer. The back and top are the same direction. I assume that top cabinet shape may have been an issue. But again, nothing I’d ever see from my listening position, and certainly not the first and only speaker to do it Non-factor for me.ADAAD4F0-0085-4CB6-A3FD-A161439B037B.jpeg

@Slimwhit33 i get it. Your Klipsch aren’t finished on the rear. So they just wrap the veneer around the sides and top.

With the Sourcepoint 10, the sides and rear are vertical and the top follows the rear. It’s fine. Looks a bit weird initially but then I see why they did what they did. It makes sense.

I’m thinking again. 🤫

That’s awesome! I hope you find your way to them. I’d love for someone to have in house experience to share with the Mofi’s before I ordered the 8’s!

Sorry everyone, this is a Klipsch thread and I’ll stop talking about the Mofis here. Luckily, we already have a place to discuss the MoFi’s. I hope to add more content to the thread over the next few months.

https://www.needlesandgrooves.com/threads/mofi-sourcepoint-10.2227/

Back