Klipsch Speakers Thread

I hope you enjoy the Heritage sound as much as I do! They definitely rock.
They are a bitch to wrestle in place by yourself.

First album. Depeche Mode Exciter. This is awesome!!!

I always said the only Klipsch I would buy are Heritage series. I should listen to myself more often. 😂😂😂😂😂

The Forte seems like the sweet spot in the line. No issues with the NAD pairing either.

I always said the only Klipsch I would buy are Heritage series. I should listen to myself more often. 😂😂😂😂😂

The Forte seems like the sweet spot in the line. No issues with the NAD pairing either.
I would absolutely love to own some Cornwalls, but, price aside, they are too big for my current space.

There's a reason PWK kept a pair of Fortes in his office at work!

Let’s see how they are with something more delicate.

Loreena McKennett- Book of Secrets

Yep. We are good. These are Lintons plus more. Just what I wanted.

I think the high damping factor of the NAD C298 definitely helps control the 12” woofer and rear mounted 15” passive radiator.

I was between these and the Sourcepoint 10s. I asked my guy at MD (Nate Lennox) which he thought would be the right choice and he didn’t hesitate. He recommended the Fortes saying that the MoFis are placement picky. We both have run Lintons and both love them, so we have similar tastes.

He also said that bi wiring the Fortes “unleashes” them. I’ve got a pair of AudioQuest Gibraltar cables on the way. At half off, they were reasonable.

If you want a sales guy you can trust, call Nate at MD.

Let’s see how they are with something more delicate.

Loreena McKennett- Book of Secrets

Yep. We are good. These are Lintons plus more. Just what I wanted.

I think the high damping factor of the NAD C298 definitely helps control the 12” woofer and rear mounted 15” passive radiator.

I was between these and the Sourcepoint 10s. I asked my guy at MD (Nate Lennox) which he thought would be the right choice and he didn’t hesitate. He recommended the Fortes saying that the MoFis are placement picky. We both have run Lintons and both love them, so we have similar tastes.

He also said that bi wiring the Fortes “unleashes” them. I’ve got a pair of AudioQuest Gibraltar cables on the way. At half off, they were reasonable.

If you want a sales guy you can trust, call Nate at MD.
Agree with bi-wiring the Fortes…. I did with my III’s and i also do with the H4’s. I use Audioquest Rocket 33’s.

When I had my bro-in-laws Lintons in here and compared them to the FIII’s I came away with the same feeling.. I think we talked about it at the time. The Fortes (to me, and as they should from a cost perspective) did everything the Lintons did but bigger and better. And I personally liked the FIII’s not as polite midrange better..

This makes me very happy. 😀

@HiFi Guy biwiring, not biamping?
Single biwire- two connections per speaker at the amp end- normal. Four connections at each speaker- bass and midrange/treble are wired separately and the jumpers get removed.

Bi amping with another C298 would be insane. Depending on how you did it, you’d end up with 370 or 620 watts per channel. The 185 per channel I have now is great. Nate at MD did recommend a minimum of 100 watts per channel with the Fortes. I have that covered easily and don’t see any reason to make another change amp wise.

Once the new cables arrive, I’m officially done except for the occasional cartridge exchange with Grado as needed.

Single biwire- two connections per speaker at the amp end- normal. Four connections at each speaker- bass and midrange/treble are wired separately and the jumpers get removed.

Bi amping with another C298 would be insane. Depending on how you did it, you’d end up with 370 or 620 watts per channel. The 185 per channel I have now is great. Nate at MD did recommend a minimum of 100 watts per channel with the Fortes. I have that covered easily and don’t see any reason to make another change amp wise.

Once the new cables arrive, I’m officially done except for the occasional cartridge exchange with Grado as needed.
100 watts per channel on those speakers is bonkers. they’re insanely efficient.

100 watts per channel on those speakers is bonkers. they’re insanely efficient.
I’d agree. Sometimes though it isn’t the watts-it’s current delivery. If I had Cornwalls or La Scalas I’d be running tubes. The Fortes seem to work great with solid state though.

I’ve got a NAD C316BEE V2 on the shelf in the record room. I may try it tomorrow. Let’s see what a budget 40 watt amp can do.

I’d agree. Sometimes though it isn’t the watts-it’s current delivery. If I had Cornwalls or La Scalas I’d be running tubes. The Fortes seem to work great with solid state though.

I’ve got a NAD C316BEE V2 on the shelf in the record room. I may try it tomorrow. Let’s see what a budget 40 watt amp can do.
I'm running my Fortes on 12W of tube power and they hurt my ears long before I've maxed out the dial. I'd wager I'm usually running them on 1-3W.

Last edited:
I'm running my Fortes on 12W of tube power and they hurt my ears long before I've maxed out the dial. I'd wager I'm usually running them on 1-3W.
Most home listening is done at less than a watt. Either of our setups leave lots of cushion for musical peaks.

The thing lots of people don’t understand is that most speaker damage is done by having too little power, not too much. Overdriving an amplifier will burn a tweeter voice coil in a heartbeat.

I hope you enjoy the Heritage sound as much as I do! They definitely rock.
You’ve underestimated them. Right now it’s Jethro Tull- The String Quartets, basically Ian Anderson playing flute with a string quartet. No overdubs.

I love the album and always thought it was well done. I was wrong. It’s astonishing.

People think Klipsch Heritage series and they think loud and a rock speaker. The efficiency is a byproduct of what PWK was trying to accomplish- low distortion. High efficiency means lots of output with very little driver excursion/movement. I’m sure you knew this already.

So far, they do everything incredibly well and by far the best speaker I’ve ever owned.

You’ve underestimated them. Right now it’s Jethro Tull- The String Quartets, basically Ian Anderson playing flute with a string quartet. No overdubs.

I love the album and always thought it was well done. I was wrong. It’s astonishing.

People think Klipsch Heritage series and they think loud and a rock speaker. The efficiency is a byproduct of what PWK was trying to accomplish- low distortion. High efficiency means lots of output with very little driver excursion/movement. I’m sure you knew this already.

So far, they do everything incredibly well and by far the best speaker I’ve ever owned.
I'm glad they meet your high standard! And yes, they are great for all kinds of music. Jazz sounds unbelievable. Horns sound like they are in the room with you.

I've heard plenty of speakers that I enjoy, but only a few that have that transportive level of detail (at least, at realistic price points). And I'm lucky enough to have never really picked up on the 'honkiness' that some folks dislike about horn-loaded drivers.

Back