Klipsch Speakers Thread

Now that the proof of concept is complete, my father’s ordering two Hypex class-D plate amps to act as proper three-way amplification for the speakers. They have built-in IR volume control and a programmable DSP for per-speaker room equalization. He will probably be connecting them directly to a Marantz CD-player/DSP/wireless streaming combo unit.

Now that the proof of concept is complete, my father’s ordering two Hypex class-D plate amps to act as proper three-way amplification for the speakers. They have built-in IR volume control and a programmable DSP for per-speaker room equalization. He will probably be connecting them directly to a Marantz CD-player/DSP/wireless streaming combo unit.
did he watch that I built the best stereo system in the world video or something ? :)

did he watch that I built the best stereo system in the world video or something ? :)
it’s possible! he’s been toying with miniDSP for a couple years now, I think this has always been the plan, he’s just been slow about committing.

What a great sounding system this is, Klipschhorns, McIntosh, and a great view! This must be what KH's sound nearer to being driven by high end, high power ?

Those custom corner enclosures are giving me feelings.

But also, what an absolutely absurd equipment stack for those speakers. They're 105db/1w! What are you even gonna do with all that power?!

Someone by me is selling a very good looking pair of Forte I for $800. Is this a good deal or about market for these? I'm not in the market for new (to me) speakers at the moment but I have started thinking about endgame and my plan to get there. If this is the deal of the century and would satisfy the endgame speaker itch, I might pounce.

Edit: FB link may not have worked, pic below.

SmartSelect_20210912-091915_Facebook.jpg

Someone by me is selling a very good looking pair of Forte I for $800. Is this a good deal or about market for these? I'm not in the market for new (to me) speakers at the moment but I have started thinking about endgame and my plan to get there. If this is the deal of the century and would satisfy the endgame speaker itch, I might pounce.

View attachment 111890
About fair for MkI's, I have seen them a little lower, and up to 1200 in the last year. Seeing you do not have to drive a distance is a bonus. Just keep in the mind the Mk1 has a 10" passive woofer in the back as opposed to later models 12". Some like the Mk1 better than mk2/3 tbh. Just test them out and make sure there working ok. I nearly went with Forte's before finding my Cornwall's. Every pair I have heard sound great and they are quite efficient.

View attachment 111890
Very good speaker, totally fair price if they are in good shape. As @JohnnyCashFan mentioned, people tend to be divided on which revision of the Forte they like best, but all are good. It may be in need of a new crossover network at some point.

About fair for MkI's, I have seen them a little lower, and up to 1200 in the last year. Seeing you do not have to drive a distance is a bonus. Just keep in the mind the Mk1 has a 10" passive woofer in the back as opposed to later models 12". Some like the Mk1 better than mk2/3 tbh. Just test them out and make sure there working ok. I nearly went with Forte's before finding my Cornwall's. Every pair I have heard sound great and they are quite efficient.

Very good speaker, totally fair price if they are in good shape. As @JohnnyCashFan mentioned, people tend to be divided on which revision of the Forte they like best, but all are good. It may be in need of a new crossover network at some point.
Thanks both. I'll probably hold off unless the price drops to something I can't pass up. They are gorgeous speakers and it seems like everyone that gets a pair keeps them forever.

For anyone looking into recapping there vintage Klipsch Heritage speakers JEM Audio in PA now offers the only Kipsch factory approved recap service and kits. Just over $60 for my 78' Cornwall I's priority shipped for the kits. I will share my thoughts on the cap upgrade after I install them and they break in this summer.

Ordering my JEM Klipsch Factory Cornwall replacement caps, should be installing them in the coming weeks. I also have a extra original set of non leaking oil can caps in case I want to try that flavor too at some time. But the Sonicaps are coming out.

Last edited:
Scroll down and there’s an interesting article about Advent speakers. I bought a used mint pair of Large Advents from the then service manager at Conrad Johnson, which wasn’t far up the street from the shop I managed. The “gang” used to get together every Friday for lunch.

To this day, they are the only speakers I regret selling. The Lintons remind me of them, or at least my memory of what they sounded like.

I wanna hear these so badly.
I only have about 20 hours on them so far. I hear the bass opens up a bit after about 100 hours (time for speaker surrounds to loosen up). But I really don't need more bass. I was listening to The Cranberries - Everybody Else is Doing it... and spent the whole album just focused on the drums. Never were that real and obvious to me before. It was a fun experience.

I only have about 20 hours on them so far. I hear the bass opens up a bit after about 100 hours (time for speaker surrounds to loosen up). But I really don't need more bass. I was listening to The Cranberries - Everybody Else is Doing it... and spent the whole album just focused on the drums. Never were that real and obvious to me before. It was a fun experience.
I mean, I love my Forte IIs, but the IVs are awfully tempting.

Have you ever tried elevating your Fortes? When I am sitting on the floor with head closer to midrange driver I think it is even more open and dynamic.
Due to some water intrusion, I actually had to dispose of my old bases, and replaced them with elevated/tilted metal bases. I lost a little of the lower bass reinforcement from the original footers, but it otherwise sounds great.

Back