Klipsch Speakers Thread

Been skulking this thread for a while and the Klipsch seem to be the gorgeous speakers I will aspire to.

So, weird question... but does anyone know a Klipsch dealer that would ship to Australia?

Because the prices here are ridiculous - a pair of Forte III go for just under $A10,000. But if I bought them from Music Direct - with the exchange rate they come out to a little under $A6000. Of course they only ship to the US.

Even if I have to pay sales tax (10%) plus shipping via a crazy expensive mail forwarding service, I still come out about $2000 on top. There must be a way!

The basement is basically bisected by the couch, so imagine a similarly sized space off to the left.

IuUKsFL.jpg
Hey what are those stands for the Forte IIIs? They are perfect.

Hey what are those stands for the Forte IIIs? They are perfect.

They’re actually F2s!

There’s a company here in the States, Deer Creek Audio, that manufactures the stands to order. The Fortes’ original integrated bases suffered water damage and I wanted to replace them with something that would preserve them from any future incidents. Been very happy with them!

The design means the speakers lose a little of their bottom end response, as the original sealed stands function as a sort of bass chamber, but the sub is able to cover that without any issue.

So I’m a little over a year into Forte III ownership and I still love them every single time I turn them on. Thinking about trying some Nordost Blue Heaven speaker wires at some point in the future, as the Balanced Blue Heavens I use from the Vega to the Luxman are killer. Otherwise it’s just sit back and listen. Fun little hobby we’re all in. A1AD7452-3777-46A8-886E-F2B6F1EE0D30.jpeg

My room is pretty dark but this is a decent representation of my cozy quarters. The Fortes are 13.5” out from the front wall, 16” from each side wall, 6’ apart measured middle to middle, ever so slightly toed in, 7.5’ from me.

I messed with all of those measurements for quite a while. I haven’t touched them in months. This spot is marked so when the wife nudges them I don’t have to freak out. Lol.

I look forward to the day that I get to take over one of the bigger bedrooms. For now, I just enjoy laying into these at close quarters. I can’t imagine “The Chain” being more exciting!

1C0F6828-EA4F-47FE-9B69-7676421911FC.jpeg

My room is pretty dark but this is a decent representation of my cozy quarters. The Fortes are 13.5” out from the front wall, 16” from each side wall, 6’ apart measured middle to middle, ever so slightly toed in, 7.5’ from me.

I messed with all of those measurements for quite a while. I haven’t touched them in months. This spot is marked so when the wife nudges them I don’t have to freak out. Lol.

I look forward to the day that I get to take over one of the bigger bedrooms. For now, I just enjoy laying into these at close quarters. I can’t imagine “The Chain” being more exciting!

View attachment 61085
I really enjoy how high end yet simple (i.e. very few boxes of gear) your system is. It sure doesn't hurt that the heart of it is that sexy af Luxman integrated!

I really enjoy how high end yet simple (i.e. very few boxes of gear) your system is. It sure doesn't hurt that the heart of it is that sexy af Luxman integrated!

Thanks very much! My setup is very simple, and that’s probably because I was going for a setup that was similar to ones my dad had when I was growing up in the 70’s. He had a lot of Realistic gear but it was always a Receiver, a TT, a tape deck and speakers.

It’s also kind of a necessity due to space. My dream would be to have a shag carpeted basement decked out like it was 1975. But I don’t have a basement so....

I have some simple bookshelf Klipsch R15-PM’s

A couple months ago I noticed a subtle humm coming from both the L&R channel, which gets louder with volume adjustment and can be heard at distance if the volume is up and it’s a soft album. I’m not sure if there’s something wrong with the speakers or if it’s normal and was there all along and I’m just now noticing it. I do not have a preamp and just run straight from a Fluance RT85 to the speakers.

Thing I’ve tried with no luck

A different TT makes no difference
A different wall plug makes no difference
There is a very solid ground

A couple months ago I noticed a subtle humm coming from both the L&R channel, which gets louder with volume adjustment and can be heard at distance if the volume is up and it’s a soft album. I’m not sure if there’s something wrong with the speakers or if it’s normal and was there all along and I’m just now noticing it. I do not have a preamp and just run straight from a Fluance RT85 to the speakers.

I have a Fluance RT85 and R51pms (are those what you meant or are R15s a thing too?). I also ran my Fluance right into my speakers for several months and never noticed anything except for a very quiet hum/buzz but I would have to typically stick my head into the tweeter to hear it. I would reach out to Klipsch support, that doesn’t sound right!

I have a Fluance RT85 and R51pms (are those what you meant or are R15s a thing too?). I also ran my Fluance right into my speakers for several months and never noticed anything except for a very quiet hum/buzz but I would have to typically stick my head into the tweeter to hear it. I would reach out to Klipsch support, that doesn’t sound right!

I believe they were not in production for long (shame because they’re gorgeous), but these are the ones

I'm going to be demoing a few vintage Klipsch Heritage speakers over the coming weeks. Anyone care to comment on the differences between the Forte 1/II and Cornwall I/II ? The Forte's are appealing to me as I can fit them in my car when I pick up and take them between residences in the future. I have a McIntosh amp. Thanks

I'm going to be demoing a few vintage Klipsch Heritage speakers over the coming weeks. Anyone care to comment on the differences between the Forte 1/II and Cornwall I/II ? The Forte's are appealing to me as I can fit them in my car when I pick up and take them between residences in the future. I have a McIntosh amp. Thanks
I have not heard the Cornwalls, but they are generally considered comparable to, or maybe a notch above, the Fortes, which did not technically belong to the Heritage line at the time. That said, some consider the Fortes some of the best all-around speakers Klipsch has made, and PWK himself kept a pair in his office, so ymmv.

I think, generally speaking, the F2s are the sweet spot. Better bass than the F1s (thanks to a 15" passive radiator) and a bit less placement sensitive. Tractrix horn midrange is a bit smoother. But they are more alike than different.

I've always wanted to spend some time with the Cornwalls, but I wouldn't be able to fit a pair in my space, so it's moot to consider.

I have the black R15-PMs, and I have a slight hum when in phono mode but I have to either really crank up the volume or listen with my ear to the speaker to notice (with a Pro-ject Primary plugged directly in to the phono inputs). I don't hear it on any other setting.

Back