June 2021 Vinyl Spin Challenge: 🌈☀️Holidaze 🎶🪐

National Weed Your Garden Day - Summer veggies are starting to come in. How's your garden? 🍅🍆
or...
Sewing Machine Day - My mom is an excellent quilter. Show off your fabrics.

I have a lot to show off. I love everyone's garden pics! Here a a few pics of my garden, it certainly needs weeding!

Blueberries! I just picked these this afternoon.
View attachment 102549

Black raspberries! These are probably my favorite berries of all time. I have picked maybe a gallons worth this year.
View attachment 102550

I've got tomatoes, but they're still a few weeks before they're ready. Here are some ancho chilis.
View attachment 102551

And last garden pic, my hop vines are climbing. This is Nugget. Yes, I've used these in brewing beer, and look forward to a good harvest this year in about August.
View attachment 102552

I mentioned my Mom being a great quilter, I won't spam this thread with all of the quilts. Here's just one hanging in my living room.
View attachment 102554

So tying all of this together, these all have to do with country living. The record is even blue for the berries.

Sturgill Simpson ‎– Cuttin' Grass - Vol. 2

View attachment 102557
I'm impressed, especially with Nugget! I've done some homebrewing but never to the extent of growing my own hops.

june 8 - best friends day

02BE8687-16C7-4E07-B6D5-D8D594F7F490.jpeg

def leppard - high n’ dry

one of my best friend’s favorite bands is def leppard. since 1998 i have seen them like 9 times, which is at least 8 more than anyone ever needs to see def leppard. they’ve pretty much been playing the same setlist for thirty years. that said, high n’ dry is a pretty good album.

I'm impressed, especially with Nugget! I've done some homebrewing but never to the extent of growing my own hops.
This vine has prospered despite of my efforts. I've had Centennial, Mt. Hood, and one other, but they haven't grown back in a few years. This one keeps on coming in every year. I might try to get more Centennial again, since that is one of my favorites. I haven't checked in a while, but Citra was only available in Australia or New Zealand. Maybe they've relaxed the export of the hop rhizomes lately.

This vine has prospered despite of my efforts. I've had Centennial, Mt. Hood, and one other, but they haven't grown back in a few years. This one keeps on coming in every year. I might try to get more Centennial again, since that is one of my favorites. I haven't checked in a while, but Citra was only available in Australia or New Zealand. Maybe they've relaxed the export of the hop rhizomes lately.
mmm...Citra!

June 14
Chinese Dragon Boat Festival - Dragons, imagine that! 🐲🀄🐉
or...
Flag Day - US holiday 🇺🇸, but I want to see your favorite flags.
or...
My birthday :)

So... I probably ought to get this record...

I don't have it, nor have I listened to it. LOL

Instead, I'll spin my vinyl collecting birthday record (first vinyl bought). I have many cassettes and CD collected throughout my years, but this one started me on vinyl collecting. Also to tie it into the other themes, glass art often makes dragons.

Glass Animals - How To Be A Human Being

PXL_20210615_002114208.jpg

June 14
My birthday :)

Ross From Friends - Family Portrait

Whether or not your name is Nick, I'm gonna say it is for the time of the opening track of this album, "Happy Birthday Nick." So, Happy Birthday Nick @cul8er !!!

20200624_154301-jpg.53593

National Weed Your Garden Day - Summer veggies are starting to come in. How's your garden? 🍅🍆
or...
Sewing Machine Day - My mom is an excellent quilter. Show off your fabrics.

I have a lot to show off. I love everyone's garden pics! Here a a few pics of my garden, it certainly needs weeding!

Blueberries! I just picked these this afternoon.
View attachment 102549

Black raspberries! These are probably my favorite berries of all time. I have picked maybe a gallons worth this year.
View attachment 102550

I've got tomatoes, but they're still a few weeks before they're ready. Here are some ancho chilis.
View attachment 102551

And last garden pic, my hop vines are climbing. This is Nugget. Yes, I've used these in brewing beer, and look forward to a good harvest this year in about August.
View attachment 102552

I mentioned my Mom being a great quilter, I won't spam this thread with all of the quilts. Here's just one hanging in my living room.
View attachment 102554

So tying all of this together, these all have to do with country living. The record is even blue for the berries.

Sturgill Simpson ‎– Cuttin' Grass - Vol. 2

View attachment 102557
So much to love in this post...

Day 14: Flag Day

US holiday 🇺🇸, but I want to see your favorite flags and @cul8er ’s birthday!

Titus Andronicus - The Monitor
78720DCE-6005-43CA-8BBA-BBB66BF94F7D.jpeg

I love Flag Day. I enjoy aesthetics and graphic design and a good flag has all of that. The Stars and Stripes of the American flag are phenomenal and well worth celebrating. The nice stark colors of Old Glory (what an fantastic nickname too) are bold without being overly busy.

“…a
nd if it deserves a better class of criminal then I'ma give it to them tonight. So we'll rally around the flag, rally around the flag. Rally around the flag, boys, rally once again. Shouting the Battle Cry of Freedom. Rally around the flag, rally around the flag. Glory, glory, Hallelujah, His truth is marching on.”

We’re somewhere in the crowd over to the right of the stage.

Also, Happy Birthday @cul8er ! I hope you had a smashing good time. Cheers!

Last edited:
Day 14: Flag Day

US holiday 🇺🇸, but I want to see your favorite flags and @cul8er ’s birthday!

Titus Andronicus - The Monitor
View attachment 102570

I love Flag Day. I enjoy aesthetics and graphic design and a good flag has all of that. The Stars and Stripes of the American flag are phenomenal and well worth celebrating. The nice stark colors of Old Glory (what an fantastic nickname too) are bold without being overly busy.

“…a
nd if it deserves a better class of criminal then I'ma give it to them tonight. So we'll rally around the flag, rally around the flag. Rally around the flag, boys, rally once again. Shouting the Battle Cry of Freedom. Rally around the flag, rally around the flag. Glory, glory, Hallelujah, His truth is marching on.”

We’re somewhere in the crowd over to the right of the stage.

Also, Happy Birthday @cul8er ! I hope you had a smashing good time. Cheers!

Thanks!

Back