June 2021 Vinyl Spin Challenge: 🌈☀️Holidaze 🎶🪐

International Waterfall Day

Sun Ra - Egyptian Oasis: Unreleased Recordings
20210616_143759.jpg

The Fayoum Oasis is home to the Wadi El Rayan Waterfalls - thought to be the largest in Egypt. This album is one of the two sets of previously unreleased material found in the Egypt 1971 set that documents Sun Ra's first visit to the country. Neither "Egyptian Oasis 1" nor "Egyptian Oasis 2" are on Spotify so instead, here's a picture of the Wadi El Rayan Waterfalls:

FayoumWaterfalls.jpg

June 14
Chinese Dragon Boat Festival - Dragons, imagine that!

Also a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! to @cul8er - I don't get this awkward set out for just anyone.

Trent Reznor / Atticus Ross ‎– The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
The Null Corporation ‎– NULL 002, 2012

6 LP box set limited/numbered to 3000, #560

Pressed at Rainbo

wtbg33.jpg

ok8IDd.jpg

June 15
Smile Power Day

Since @TenderLovingKiller® waffled back and forth and picked Smile, I'll give this one a spin.

I do need to get a copy of Smile....maybe I'll order that now. EDIT - nope...out of my price range.

I could also spin this one for Vegetable day...

The Beach Boys ‎– Smiley Smile
Capitol Records ‎– ECS-40167, 1967/1982

Japanese reissue

wMsXtn.jpg

O6ZFjl.jpg

June 14
Chinese Dragon Boat Festival - Dragons, imagine that!

Also a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! to @cul8er - I don't get this awkward set out for just anyone.

Trent Reznor / Atticus Ross ‎– The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
The Null Corporation ‎– NULL 002, 2012

6 LP box set limited/numbered to 3000, #560

Pressed at Rainbo

wtbg33.jpg

ok8IDd.jpg

Thanks!

June 16
International Waterfall Day - Well....that's an interesting waterfall you painted there, Roger....oh and there's a penis, too? OK? That's a bit disturbing when you think about it.

Uriah Heep ‎– Demons And Wizards
Mercury /Bronze ‎– SRM-1-630, 1972

While Label Promo

Cut by Gilbert Kong
Pressed at Philips Recording Company, Inc.

MAopNc.jpg

IRRMy3.jpg

vVKYIa.jpg

June 17

Nursing Assistants Day -

As a Certified Nursing Assistant it's been a pretty hard year +, and this was in Oregon, where our numbers weren't that bad compared to elsewhere.

I love where I work and who I work with, but I hate the job.

Burn out is very high at the hospital right now, as Covid is decreasing we are usually filled with pretty sick patients - while still getting the random Covid cases, too....these we get now are the non-vaxxers / non-believers, so telling them they have something they don't believe in is just frustrating.

Here's something for all of us that have to deal with a Code Brown 10 minutes before the shift ends...which happened to me on both Monday and Tuesday morning...I think the guy knows what he's doing.

I usually have to listen to something on the 10 minute drive to get me somewhat pumped up to go in.

Baroness ‎– First & Second
Hyperrealist ‎– HR019, 2008/2013

Limited to 750 on Brown Marbled vinyl

Cut by Richard Simpson (side A recut) and David Cheppa
With Richard Simpson doing a recut, it was probably pressed at Erika.

Zi9bDU.jpg

YP8YqE.jpg

June 17 - Eat Your Vegetables Day - There seems to be a theme with vegetables in summer!

Going with veggies, but definitely a big thank you to @LeeVing and all the other nurses on the board. I've been in the hospital a few times over the last two years for fairly major surgeries, and I can't say enough about how supportive and positive the nursing staff was each time.

Back to the veggies which will hopefully keep you out of the hospital in some cases, but you should get your vaccine too!

If you are going to eat your vegetables, you'll need to find a place to buy them (if you aren't growing your own). Thankfully Beck has an answer for that...

"See the vegetable man in the vegetable van with the horn that's honking like a mariachi band in the middle of the street"

Beck ~ Guero

1623944314238.png

Nursing Assistants Day

Sun Ra & His Arkestra - Super-Sonic Jazz
20210617_083337-jpg.102887

When the list for this month's challenge went up I knew instantly what I'd be playing today, while also expressing thanks to all the Nursing Assistants out there for the important work they and their colleagues do! It's a jazz breakfast for the kiddo and me this morning, highlighted by Sun Ra's "Advice to Medics."

Attachments

• 20210617_083337.jpg
    20210617_083337.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Back