June 2021 Vinyl Spin Challenge: 🌈☀️Holidaze 🎶🪐

Day 12: Red Rose Day
🎶Every rose has it's thorn 🎵 🌹 🥀 🌹

Waxahatchee - Saint Cloud
DF7F3AD1-D8EB-4CFB-A5C2-0B4389C28A26.jpeg

One of my favorite albums of 2020 and one of my favorite artists over the past decade. The album artwork features literally a truckload of red roses and the labels also feature a blooming rose. This is the Seasick Records variant on “apple red” vinyl which is a very dumb marketing decision since “Red Rose” variant would have made a lot more sense but no one asked me.

National Weed Your Garden Day
Summer veggies are starting to come in. How's your garden? 🍅🍆 🥕 🧅
Dinosaur Jr. - Sweep It Into Space
EB61AD34-F7E7-41D2-B958-C8D1EAAA5BA8.jpeg

This is the second summer my SO has attempted a vegetable garden in our back yard. Last year it was kind of on a whim and the bounty was less than fruitful. She only managed to grow a single very small radish. This year, having spent a good amount of the winter researching gardening tips, she’s already been much more successful she already harvested a few dozen radishes, and her green onions and carrots are growing fast too. The Beets haven’t been quite as successful. she’s maintained the garden well from a weed standpoint so far the biggest issues she’s ran into it trying to keep the neighborhood cats from using her garden as an outdoor litter box.
5ADDEE2B-24B8-4C2C-B948-BD06E8DE2601.jpegAnyways, I dig Dinosaur Jr.’s new record, it will surely find a spot on my year end list and luckily it also contains the lovely Lou Barlow sung tune “Garden”.

June 11
National Flip Flop Day - 🎵 I blew out my flip flop 🎶 Stepped on a pop top 🩴

My Bloody Valentine - Isn't Anything

You know what movie was considered a flop? 1981's My Bloody Valentine, which is where the band got their name. And guess what album I got this week but hadn't listened to yet, so I came up with a ridiculous connection to make it count here?

20210613_134950.jpg

June 12
Red Rose Day - 🎶Every rose has its thorn 🎵

Elliott Smith - Either/Or

Why stick with one rose, when you can have a whole "Rose Parade"?

20200508_075206-jpg.45648

June 13
National Weed Your Garden Day

Soundgarden - Superunknown

4F513F29-0F57-4FD8-89D7-D699B754D095.jpeg

Going to have to settle for a soundgarden. I had dreams of starting a nice raspberry bush down here in Florida but the neighbors just laughed “here? No, that won’t grow here.”

By the way, this album is probably on my list of “most formative albums.” I used to see Kim Thayil around my neighborhood when I became an adult (he’s hard to mistake for someone else) and it always made my day

Time for me to get caught up! I was out of town this weekend visiting relatives for the first time in over a year. I survived the plane trip with no troubles.

Red Rose Day - 🎶Every rose has it's thorn 🎵

I love this interpretation for rosé wine.
June 12 - Red Rose Day

Sven Wonders - Eastern Flowers

Featuring: Red Rose

Also featuring: A red rose from our garden

View attachment 102429View attachment 102430

That's a lovely rose!

If I had Poison on vinyl, I would have spun that, but here is a rose infused artist, with my rosé wine.

Sister Rosetta Tharp - Gospel Train

PXL_20210614_230656411.jpg

PXL_20210614_230939990.jpg

June 14 My birthday :)

Happy birthday @cul8er

I'll, well...I'll 'See You Later'...

Soul Asylum - Candy From A Stranger

View attachment 102498

Chinese Dragon Boat Festival - Dragons, imagine that! 🐲🀄🐉

Flaming Lips ~ The story of Yum Yum and Dragon (RSD 2018)

Side A of this has "Pouring Beer In Your Ear (The Beer Song)". 🍻to @cul8er , hope you have a great birthday that doesn't involve pouring beer in your ear.

View attachment 102515
Thank you!
I've been drinking some nice New England Hazy & Juicy IPAs all weekend. No beer in my ear, but in my belly! 🍻

National Weed Your Garden Day - Summer veggies are starting to come in. How's your garden? 🍅🍆
or...
Sewing Machine Day - My mom is an excellent quilter. Show off your fabrics.

I have a lot to show off. I love everyone's garden pics! Here a a few pics of my garden, it certainly needs weeding!

Blueberries! I just picked these this afternoon.
PXL_20210614_220808648.jpg

Black raspberries! These are probably my favorite berries of all time. I have picked maybe a gallons worth this year.
PXL_20210614_220929257.jpg

I've got tomatoes, but they're still a few weeks before they're ready. Here are some ancho chilis.
PXL_20210614_222109194.jpg

And last garden pic, my hop vines are climbing. This is Nugget. Yes, I've used these in brewing beer, and look forward to a good harvest this year in about August.
PXL_20210614_222130635.jpg

I mentioned my Mom being a great quilter, I won't spam this thread with all of the quilts. Here's just one hanging in my living room.
PXL_20210614_233315948.jpg

So tying all of this together, these all have to do with country living. The record is even blue for the berries.

Sturgill Simpson ‎– Cuttin' Grass - Vol. 2

PXL_20210614_233940370.jpg

Back