June 2020 Record Challenge Thread (The RAFFLE continues!)

Oh shit, i will need some help with the Friday's albums since I never consumed anything... is it ok if I just imagine what's the effect like?
Definitely, I tried to give a hint as way to fit the daily challenge but at the end of the day just be yourself and play what you feel at that moment ☺️

#theshowmustbepaused
On June 2nd please show solidarity and hold all posts for that day until at least June 3rd

On top of that any $donations to a charity you would like to support during these crazy times will givd you the chance to enter you into an additional exclusive third drawing, the charity drawing, which will only be available to those who donate to a charity at any time during the month of June. (Minimum $1 donation)

Thanks for doing this today @blissfullychaotic . 🙂 I've first learned about #theshowmustbepaused via your thread. ❤

Day 1 – Any Kind of Rock

Black Sabbath ‎– Black Sabbath Vol 4 (Vertigo, 1976 UK Pressing)

I pulled a stack of Sabbath records out for today and decided on this one as I haven't listened to it for a while now. Its a killer record ('Snowblind' is my personal favourite) which I picked up in Newcastle a few years ago now from a tiny little record shop that was rammed with records. On a side note, I read Ozzy's autobiography a few years back and it really opened my eyes to the group more. They initially only used the 'horror' persona's as a gimmick to get themselves noticed, but it ended up helping them so much that they decided to stick with it.

IMG_7637.JPG

On top of that any $donations to a charity you would like to support during these crazy times will givd you the chance to enter you into an additional exclusive third drawing, the charity drawing, which will only be available to those who donate to a charity at any time during the month of June.

I donated here: Louisville Community Bail Fund

Thanks for offering a prize for this, but I would like to politely decline. Cheers

Tuesday (02) – Etchings, instead of showing off that vinyl that’s spinning, show off your favorite vinyl that has an etching on it

The Aquabats - Fury Of The Aquabats!
8458051C-C767-444D-ACA3-826593F351B8.jpeg

Edit: Hard to see! I just realized I don't have many cool etchings. Not sure if that's good or bad!

Last edited:
Tuesday (02) – Etchings, instead of showing off that vinyl that’s spinning, show off your favorite vinyl that has an etching on it

I do have a few vinyl with etchings, though I will take a different approach.... Runout groove etchings.

Sleep - The Sciences

Matrix / Runout (Side A, etched): III TMR-547-A [CMS logo] BW 180313 .--. ..- .-. .--. .-.. . / -.- ..- ... ....
Matrix / Runout (Side B, etched): III TMR-547-B [CMS logo] BW 180214 ... -.- -.-- .-- .- .-.. -.- . .-. / --- --.
Matrix / Runout (Side C, etched): III TMR-547-C [CMS logo] BW 180214 -.-. .-- / .--. .. ... ... / .-. --- -- ..- .-.. .- -.
Matrix / Runout (Side D, etched): III TMR-547-D [CMS logo] BW 180214 ... ..- .--. . .-. / .-.. . -- --- -. / .... .- --.. .

The Morse Code is translated to:

PURPLE / KUSH
SKYWALKER / OG
CW / PISS / ROMULAN
SUPER / LEMON / HAZE

IMG_20200602_130029.jpgIMG_20200602_125922.jpg

Someone is compiling a list of messages in runout grooves on discogs: Messages etched on runout grooves by xpirux | Discogs Lists

On the donation front, there’s Kiva that’s worth looking at. My boys and I make a new “loan” once a month together and then when/if they’re paid back you can redirect those funds to other people in need.

Personally, I’m donating to Justice for David Dungay Junior organized by Leetona Rose Dungay

It’s the fundraiser page for the ongoing inquest of the death of David Dungay, a young indigenous Australian who died in custody weeks before his release while guards restrained him. His last words, captured on video, were “I can’t breathe” 😥

On the donation front, there’s Kiva that’s worth looking at. My boys and I make a new “loan” once a month together and then when/if they’re paid back you can redirect those funds to other people in need.

Personally, I’m donating to Justice for David Dungay Junior organized by Leetona Rose Dungay

It’s the fundraiser page for the ongoing inquest of the death of David Dungay, a young indigenous Australian who died in custody weeks before his release while guards restrained him. His last words, captured on video, were “I can’t breathe” 😥
Thanks for you donation! 🍻

Back