June 2020 Record Challenge Thread (The RAFFLE continues!)

Day 4 - Hype!

Rookie - Rookie

Released in 2020 or 1977, can’t really tell. This is kind of cheating since this is a Chicago band and while I (very) briefly lived in Chicago with a friend, I never really called it my residence and didn’t send my mail there. But, I was there and there I stayed, so here I send you the good Rookie vibes. Part T.Rex rock, part Exhile On Main St country, part neo-poprock, part Lake Michigan, part sunny field....all catchy tunes.

One of my new favorites for 2020.

You gotta read the paper to see what they said about you

4C0D74BD-1F9C-4AD2-B4EF-F98E86A04E20.jpeg

Last edited:
Day 08 - Any kind of Jazz

John Coltrane - Blue Train (Blue Note, 1957 First Mono Pressing)

Lots to choose from today so I decided to go for one of the first jazz albums to truly capture my attention. There's lots of killer albums from Coltrane (I might even argue that 'Giant Steps' is more groundbreaking than this recording) but this was his only recording for Blue Note Records.

IMG_2462.JPG

第七天: Journey through the world , destination one: Africa

The oscillations ~ I can see it coming

View attachment 50862

My favorite album that came part of the zamrock anthology, probably due to the long instrumental psychedelic jams that litter the album.

I really like this album. I listened to this one yesterday as my Africa pick, but didn't post yet. That's okay. Now, I just get to listen to another album from that brilliant box in it's place. BONUS!

Monday (08) – Any kind of Jazz

Lee Morgan- Cornbread

View attachment 50897

I started my own journey into jazz within the last two years or so, and when I first began I had never heard of Lee Morgan. Now I’ll buy anything he’s on, whether as leader or sideman. It’s crazy to think of his amazing output in such a short period of time.
My dude I am 100% on board with this. Lee Morgan is my favourite jazz musician!

Back