June 2020 Record Challenge Thread (The RAFFLE continues!)

Day 04 - Hype up an Artist that comes from a city/state/country you are or have lived
Orquesta Típica Fernández Fierro - Ahora Y Siempre (2018)

IMG_20200605_124043338.jpg

I'm from Buenos Aires, and nothing is more porteño than tango. La Fernandez Fierro is the biggest tango orchestra nowadays; they even have their own theater where new tango musicians go to play. If you wanna know what is tango like in the XXI century, this is the band to check.

Day (05) – Marijuana – play a record that makes you chill bro
Tori Amos - Abnormally Attracted To Sin (2009)

IMG_20200606_115935348_HDR.jpg

Then he said "Mom, I want to forna... I mean, formulate and discover the realms of the unknowni withMary Jane. After all you'll be away for the weekend... Just please consent, I need a friend!
-I admit you puberty was somewhat strange. Could this be fixed with Mary Jane? Mary Jane who?
So I said: -Son, you want to permeate and discover the realms of the unknown with Mary Jane. After all the other boys that are you age they only wake to medicate... Do I know her family? Is she even mannerly when she's out in society?
-She even bakes
-She even bakes?
-These odd brownies.
-Mary Jane who?
Then he said: -I believe in her family, on her maternal side, there was a Dr. Tetrahydrocannabinol Pure Isomer Dronabinol.
-Mary Jane who???

Saturday – D-Day, play a record that gets your adrenaline going

Kendrick Lamar - Good Kid, M.A.A.d City (Top Dawg Entertainment, 2012 First Pressing)

I saw Kendrick live a few years ago for his Damn tour and it was such an amazing experience. I love all his albums, but for some reason this one really gets me pumped. Tracks like Money Trees are so infectious and the overall narrative (the chase, crime, etc) really does build the tension.

IMG_7793.JPG

Day (06) – D-Day, play a record that gets your adrenaline going
Carina Round - Slow Motion Addict (2007)

IMG_20200606_133403747_HDR.jpg

I'm not a physically active person, but if there's an album that makes me wanna run a throw bricks into windows, it's this.
The trilogy of "Ready to confess"-"Want more"-"Take the money" triggers me. Specially "Take the money", the perfect song to twist like a maniac.

Day 6: Adrenaline
Megadeth - Rust In Peace

rTdWdEK.jpg

Daft Punk - Random Access Memories

5A3F719B-CF0D-4D78-92A9-81E2FEF96A0C.jpeg
From the opening guitar notes of Give Life Back to Music to the final synths on Contact, Random Access Memories is a rush from beginning to end. And it also happens to be one of the best sounding records in my collection!

Daft Punk - Random Access Memories

View attachment 50647
From the opening guitar notes of Give Life Back to Music to the final synths on Contact, Random Access Memories is a rush from beginning to end. And it also happens to be one of the best sounding records in my collection!
One of my favorite albums from the last decade.

Back