July '22 N&G Vinyl Spin Challenge - Ball So Hard, M*****f***ers Want To Fine Me

Day 31: All Star Game

Play an album from an artist that is an all star of your music collection

I thought of going with Bowie or Prince but, then I realized I hadn't played any TH and that's not admissable.

Talking Heads - Remain in Light

4166C9F9-533F-4E21-8F77-A3B0B6A8C855.jpeg

Wow, I can't believe I finished the challenge this month!
1659303824927.gif

Thanks for hosting @wmeugene !

Day 30: San Antonio Spurs

Play an album from an artist from Texas (and yes, please make it a different city than Day 26 and 27) or an artist who has spurred you on in your musical journey.

Gary Clark Jr. - The Story of Sonny Boy Slim

View attachment 147436

Play an album from an artist that is an all star of your music collection.

Miles in Tokyo

FD6E786A-ABA9-4F1D-B709-5F88E863D2C1.jpeg

Day 27: Houston Rockets

Play an album from an artist from Texas (a different city than Day 26) or an album with a space reference.

Lyle Lovett - Pontiac
View attachment 147094
I had to get some Texas Country in here so I went with one of my favorites, Houston Native Lyle Lovett.

I also included my 1995 Hakeem Olajuwon Starting Lineup figure. Those mid-90s Rockets were fantastic, I wonder what woulda happened had MJ never retired and The Bulls had played The Rockets in the Finals.

I just scored a copy of this at the Hornby Island Free Store this weekend. Very stoked!

Day 30: San Antonio Spurs
Play an album from an artist from Texas (and yes, please make it a different city than Day 26 and 27)

The Mars Volta – Landscape Tantrums (Unfinished Original Recordings Of De-Loused In The Comatorium)
20220801_170449.jpg

While I'd originally intended to represent San Antonio here, I really wanted to listen to this so will be representing El Paso instead!

Play an album from an artist that is an all star of your music collection

Sun-Ra & His Astro Infinity Arkestra – My Brother The Wind Vol. 1
20220801_211740.jpg

Surprising absolutely no one with my all-star pick here - at 80 releases including Sun Ra and dozens more covering and inspired by he is more than threefold ahead of Prince and Shabaka Hutchings in raw numbers. Plus this just arrived last week and I've been looking forward to giving it a spin!

Back