July 2021 Vinyl Spin Challenge: Summer Breeze Makes Me Feel Fine

July 19 - Manic Monday
Play something to get you pumped up for the week

People Under The Stairs "O.S.T." (2002 OM Records; 2020 club reissue)
The work week started with a pretty intense and complex case. Been doing some searches all morning and I think I finally have a handle on it. Now I'm in the mood for some funkiness. Given I've been cooped up in the basement all morning, so I'm basically a person under the stairs. I have the beats and funky basslines cranked up pretty loud. It's hitting the spot. Yeah, I think I should be able to get the report out on time (it's due in two days).

IMG_1615.JPG

how is this? i’m kind of intrigued by it but haven’t given a listen yet.
I really like it. I heard the remake of “Natural Blues” with Amethyst Kiah first and really liked that one. I’m a pretty big Moby fan and a fan of classical music. I think if you’re in that Venn diagram you’d enjoy it. The pressing sounds good, but not sure it’s worth it. I saw it in the store and impulse bought it when I saw that Darlingside was on a few of the tracks.

edit: finished it this afternoon. It’s gorgeous. Really glad I picked it up.

Last edited:
July 19 - Manic Monday
Play something to get you pumped up for the week

Tom Tom Club - The Good, The Bad and The Funky

View attachment 106102

New pressing from RSD? It was pretty much the only potential on my list this time around, but I decided to skip this round at the request of my wallet.

New pressing from RSD? It was pretty much the only potential on my list this time around, but I decided to skip this round at the request of my wallet.
Yup, great sounding pressing (dynamic, punchy bass)
I'm very happy with it.

By the time I get to Arizona

Drive-By Truckers - The Dirty South
20210719_163318.jpg

My wife and I just got home from a road trip, in fact, which is why I'm playing catch-up now. This album got played. In fact, whether it's been on a laptop, USB drive, CD or Spotify this album has been with me on pretty much any extended road trip I've taken over the past 12 or 13 years, and my CD copy has lived pretty much permanently in my last three cars.

Back